Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how I can temporarily disable the torque converter lockup?

It's a 90' auto GQ tb42.

There is a fuse that says something like "a/t control" can I just pull that fuse? Or does it effect something else in the gearbox? Or is there a plug that I can disconnect at the gbox?

Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm not sure you can but the obvious question is why do you want to??

·
Registered
Nissan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To check if a vibration I'm getting is from the lock up.

I'm sure it would be possible to disable

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
You will have to put a switch in the wire from Pin 22 of the Tranny ECU... or if you are happyto be a bit rough just cut it and splice it again later.

Pinn 22 is teh signal wire for teh TC Lockup Solenoid... if itdoesn't get 12 Volts then the TC won't lock

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey mike if you are getting a vibration in trans intermitantly and appears to come from the front of the vehicle ( this was my symptoms) then quite possible torque converter if this is the case get it fixed ASAP as further damage to trans is likley cost me 4500 for a re built tranny with up grade valve body and heavy duty clutchs etc
hope this helps

cheers
Ritchie

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
Just a note, if the vibe came all of a sudden, check your hubs. Mine were inadvertantly loked in by the tyre guys that fitted my tyres, had me stumped for a few days how I got this vibe at 80kmhr.
I too paid around 4k to get the auto recoed eventually, but it did tow a bobcat for a few years.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Trace the wire harness up from the gearbox to near the brake master cylinder where it connects to the main loom. The blue wire on the gearbox side of the connector is the TC lockup solenoid wire. Cut this wire and re-connect after you test it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts