Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i took my factory snorkel off my gq and underneath was a pretty thick sticker that was a c*nt of thing to deal with..
anyways i got it off but there are still spots with the sticker goo left on it..
i dont know how to get it off without ****in the paintwork. and to be honest i havent tried anything yet just because i dont want to **** the paintwork.
normally i would use eucalyptus oil or nail ppolish remover but those options make me nervous!!

cheers for any advice

·
Quickest Tyre Deflator On The Market
nissan
3,026 Posts
hey guys,
i took my factory snorkel off my gq and underneath was a pretty thick sticker that was a c*nt of thing to deal with..
anyways i got it off but there are still spots with the sticker goo left on it..
i dont know how to get it off without ****in the paintwork. and to be honest i havent tried anything yet just because i dont want to **** the paintwork.
normally i would use eucalyptus oil or nail ppolish remover but those options make me nervous!!

cheers for any advice
Try little bit of RID spray,

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

Have a go at " Orange Oil " I find it remove gum much better the Euco oil, even gets rid of Texta !

Regards B M

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Eucalyptus oil!easy, NEXT!

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Try WD40, you'd be amazed what that does

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeh i had some 5.56 handy which is pretty much wd but that was no good..
ill try the eucalypt in the mornin and ill let ya know.

seriously.... stickers = biggest c()nt of a thing to deal with
look at the state of the sticker after 18 years of being covered by a snorkel

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the eucalyptus oil works, but dont think for a second it makes it easy.
honestly the sticker was NOT meant to come off :mad: argh drove me insane

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
a crap load of elbow grease, or do what i did and sanded it back then polish it ,

well it worked on one side the other side i went to far and had to touch up the paint

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so glad i took it off tho,
motor performs better without that **** restricting stock snorkel.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
893 Posts
fly spray normally works the cheaper brands are better still need to scrub a bit but gets it off

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
try a product called "CLR" (Calcium Lime Rust) which is available from Bunnings.

I have also used WD40 in the past and a fair bit of elbow grease - Eucalyptus Oil is also worth a try.

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
X2 for wax and grease remover.

Works wonders

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
Try WD40, you'd be amazed what that does
i had some wd40 in my hand the other night and thought f#$k it ill try it. it hasnt screwed the paint up yet, if its not stufffed tonight im gonna assume its gonna be all good

1 - 20 of 31 Posts