Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
2010 GU VI WGN AUTO
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The green wire has been disconnected and my indicator and Parker in the bull bar doesn’t work, how do the connections work. Do I just slide the wire down and it will pierce the sheath or do I stop the sheath back to expose the copper and try to push it back in.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Electrical wiring Rim Gas

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tread

· Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
57,022 Posts
I started a thread on these quite a while ago, they can be a big issue not unusual for corrosion to set in and if not fitted correctly can actually cut wires. Rack them off and do a crimp join.

· Registered
2010 GU VI WGN AUTO
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
57,022 Posts

· I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
22,498 Posts
Only take wire up to 1.08mm OD, about telephone size wire.

· Registered
2010 GU VI WGN AUTO
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
+1 for those cable splicers being terrible.

I'd get a decent ratcheting crimper too, interchangeable jaws if possible.

Need to match crimp type with jaw type, guys at jaycar should know.
How would you get this tools in there behind the light lol or do you extend all the wires. Damn I hate electrical jobs

· Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
4,460 Posts
How would you get this tools in there behind the light lol or do you extend all the wires. Damn I hate electrical jobs

That will get you going. Note that there are a lot of dies available for these crimpers, far more than Jaycar sell. A really handy tool to keep in the Patrol on trips, because you only need to carry around the dies you need, not entire separate crimpers.

· Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
57,022 Posts
This is my collection of fittings I carry everywhere JIC. These are my crimpers with interchangeable jaws. All work together perfectly.
Spoon lure Plastic Recreation Rectangle Box

Pliers Wood Hand tool Tool Knife

· Registered
2010 GU VI WGN AUTO
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks heaps Dkril. I’ll get a set up to try and do it better.

This is my collection of fittings I carry everywhere JIC. These are my crimpers with interchangeable jaws. All work together perfectly.
Neat set up bud, which one of those would you uses when you want to join the end of a wire to the middle of an existing wire.that’s what’s happ

[/QUOTE]
Take the headlamps out. Plenty of access then.
I removed the Airbox. Got heaps of room the connections are just close to the end of the wire and near the lights. Might have to extend the wires properly they fix it.

· I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
22,498 Posts
Neat set up bud, which one of those would you uses when you want to join the end of a wire to the middle of an existing wire.
Maybe someone else has a different solution, but I’ve always cut the wire and spliced the three together. Using a crimp, two in one end and one in the other. I always try to use heat shrink as well. The ‘glue’ variety offers waterproofing too.

Reactions: Campbell_11_crd

· Registered
2010 GU VI WGN AUTO
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe someone else has a different solution, but I’ve always cut the wire and spliced the three together. Using a crimp, two in one end and one in the other. I always try to use heat shrink as well. The ‘glue’ variety offers waterproofing too.
I think that’s what’s the others are talking about. For some reason I thought I pulling back the sheath to join it that way haha. I think I got it now

1 - 20 of 35 Posts