Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

How often do you visit the ZD30DI section

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
7 Posts
Lol Skeg.
I've got a stock 03 engine still. 1st time patrol owner. Engine still stock and it's automatic with 35" tyres. Had it for 4-5 mths. I've done under 10,000km since I bought it. Now has 240,000 on the clock.
I read heaps n need more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan patrol St
5 Posts
Dallas2 / Happy owner

2004 St-l auto wagon .
238500km
Owned it since new.
Stock standard. / replaced the shock absorbers with after market set.

No issues except an alternator clutch bearing failure and recent power loss issue although now rectified , cause found :

Dodgy non genuine fuel filter and a bad MAF sensor causing codes 47 and 77.

A big thanks to all those contributors to the site adding info on the subject of Power Loss .
I followed the threads and save myself lots , LOTS of money .:iconbana:

Very much appreciated Gents.
Dallas2.

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
Hi guys

Im still happy owner of GR SWB 2002.
I have 160 000km on my clock and soo far soo good.
Recently i put all 4 new injectors original Zyxel and doing great on eco test.

Sometimes it has lag of power response and i replaced all rubber pipes on the turbo and replaced MAF. Now it happens rarely but still does. Seams that also makes a small sound change and if i lift the throttle and give one more time it starts going well again.

Previous owner fitted new new turbo and it has now 40k since then and the valve is vorking good.

Any advice?

Also if someone knows the part numbers for the Cab/chassis rubbers :)

TNX:driving:

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr 2002
1 Posts
Zd30 di

I am new to being a nissan patrol owner and i am looking for loads of tips!!
Shes a 2002 3.0L ZD30DDI
In advance thanks to anyone who takes the time to advise and respond to me :D

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I am new to being a nissan patrol owner and i am looking for loads of tips!!
Shes a 2002 3.0L ZD30DDI
In advance thanks to anyone who takes the time to advise and respond to me :D
Welcome mate, I would suggest you go into the newbies section nd introduce yourself the our general membership, but having said that, you ask the questions and we shall endevour to give our best answers, there is already a heap of information accrued in the ZD30DI archives ready to read.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I'm still driving mine daily! Almost 10 years. Only a couple months away.

EDIT. Just saw I'm nearly a 10 year member!

Cheers
Send me a PM when it comes around ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm on here sometimes monthly or so, sometimes 3-4 times a day, have a 2002 gu ZD30 DI,,,,251,600 k's, replaced pump at 236,000 k's
+ put larger intercooler + provent catch can at same time..( already had EGR blocked when I bought it ) have dawes valve ready to go on- plenty of oomph in it for a 3.0 litre....now I've just got to get off my arse and change the heater core----OH JOY !

·
Registered
nissan gu3
15 Posts
I am on here daily to every 2nd day.
Had my patrol for 5 years it now has 172 000kms; 04-2002 di. Still getting through the extra-nads. Up for new springs/shocks and going to add a front elocker soon. Thanks to the nay-sayers about zd30s and thanks to this forum have learnt and completed jobs on the patrol I would never have considered.

·
Registered
nissan patrol guiv
31 Posts
Love my ZD30 Di. Up until last week the engine was untouched other than a having the IC reconditioned and a catch can. At 356,000 klms she got a new set of injectors. Oh, just remembered replaced glow plugs about 100,000ks ago. Everything was checked, compression, EGR (yes still connected) rocker gear, all clean and in good condition. It is an auto and apparently this does impact on the longevity of these motors. It is the very first of the GUIVs. Long live the ZD30Di.

Reactions: geeyoutoo and Softy

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,116 Posts
I love my ZD30 also.. SO much hate from all my mates, it should have blown up 2.5yrs ago when i brought it... but still going strong!! HA!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a zd30Di got it with 310000kms on the clock it had egr blocked and had a dp chip that I didn’t find out it had till it had a ecu reflash done egt turned off running 18psi boost Dawes and needle valve catch can 3” system swirl mod glow plugs done glow timer mod new heavy duty single mass clutch egt gauge twin battery and volt gauge and boost gauge snorkel roof rack iron man side steps and rails 2” lift and winch there is probably more and just found out my mainifoild is leaking and one of my glow plug seals are leaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
NISSAN PATROL Y61 3.0 Di (ZD30) 09/2000
877 Posts
Hi Guys. New comer to this site, from FRANCE.
09/2000 Y61 3.0 Di (ZD30) no 3751
160 000 km only. Owned it since new.
Refurbished brakes, changed springs and dampers, battery twice. Nothing else.
So far runs like a clock.
Stock standard except EGR blocked (at 150 000km/ cleaned intake manifold), 3" Stainless exhaust, larger IC. Dawes + 2 needles.

·
Registered
Nissan
53 Posts
Usually weekly. More often if I'm looking for info to fix something!!

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Another convert over from a RE28ETi.

2005 GUIV auto with the works thrown at her. Running at around 170,000kms with about 30,000kms on second engine, brand new create engine from Nissan.
They really do move well when set up. Driven daily and gives good fuel figures.

Smokey3

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,637 Posts
Another convert over from a RE28ETi.

2005 GUIV auto with the works thrown at her. Running at around 170,000kms with about 30,000kms on second engine, brand new create engine from Nissan.
They really do move well when set up. Driven daily and gives good fuel figures.

Smokey3
Have you got a remap yet?

I like shiny stuff

·
Registered
4 Posts
June 2000 ZD30 DI Manual.
New long block Sept 2007 after original blew at 128k.
Now only done 180k.
Blocked EGR, Dawes valve and EGT gauge installed after new block installed.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts