Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

How often do you visit the ZD30DI section

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a September 2007 ZD30 Di Auto out of the UK. I am in Kenya. Have had it for a year. No mods or changes. All stock.
Thinking of changing the springs to add firmness and height as a start still researching on the effects and what else I might need to change not to hurt the stability

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Its been two since since I have updated my last post here. I still have my GU, its still going strong!

Cheers
Rich
Good to know mate. Mine still surprises me everyday, there is a lot of potential that can be unlocked economically.

·
Registered
Nissan
7 Posts
Hello to all the friends, I have 2005 Patrol GRX TDDI ZD30, I lived in Costa Rica, Central America. The car has been with me since 2012 and it is still as strong as the 1st day.
:giggle:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Hello to all the friends, I have 2005 Patrol GRX TDDI ZD30, I lived in Costa Rica, Central America. The car has been with me since 2012 and it is still as strong as the 1st day.
:giggle:
Good to hear mate, it has been a couple of years since we last heard from you, welcome back.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Not gonna lie, miss my old grenade.
Was a nice car to drive.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Lol, imagine it with a remap and an Eclipse turbo ;).

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,443 Posts
Lol, imagine it with a remap and an Eclipse turbo ;).
Or a nice td42 or barra conversion haha.
Original plan was to transfer all gear from gq i could into it including the td.
Only because i liked the simplicity of the old td.

In saying that the MUX is brilliant to drive, and means i still habe old gq to hit the hard stuff in.
Less tears when i damage it haha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
GUIII ZD30DDi Wgn
1 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2004 GU iii with the ZD30 DDI and visit this site every couple of months for a read.
The only major issue I have had with the vehicle was the turbo somehow getting dusted and while it was still working well, I replaced it and did injectors, glowplugs, added the necessary gauges (EGT, Boost, Water temp, Oil pressure, Voltage) and a Rapid chip at the same time.

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Patrol GU3 ZD30DI wagon
120 Posts
I voted weekly but sometimes more often, sometimes less often

Reactions: geeyoutoo

·
Registered
2003 GUIII Wagon
7 Posts
I pop in most days, had my Patrol for a little while now, but know nothing about them. It's the first diesel I've ever owned. I love it, especially when it's running perfectly..... (it's not running very good at all)

·
Registered
Nissan
508 Posts
Bought my 2000 wagon in '06 when I was 22 with every penny i had, $70k,150kms 2 motors/2 gearboxs, couple of clutches and way too many oil changes later and still got it...she's my pride and joy (money pit....)

Been absent from here in the last few years but check in every so often, its still the best source of Patrol info on the net.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
44 Posts
2004 ZD30 Bought around this time two years back. Had 120k service this week. Asked for new belt ( was squeaking )
Mechanic found hydrolic tensioner was gone,he fitted new. First money spent, bar two services in 20k.
Come here few times a week. More lately cause of covis lock-down.

·
Registered
2003 ZD30 Patrol
181 Posts
Bought my 2003 di in 06 with 80k on the clock, now just under 400k. Done a lot of mods to it which I think has been the secret to its longevity, thanks to a lot of very smart people on this forum, thank you.
After two MQs two GQs the GU is my most comfortable patrol by far. I do miss my 89 GQ with the TD42. That had clocked over 600k when I regretfully had to sell it.

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
After owning a GU TD42ti for a lot of years (the last few with UFI 16g turbo fitted), I bought a 2002 3.0di Wagon that is being cut down into a 4 door ute. I've been snooping about in the zd30 section for a while because the new car came complete with a hole through #2 piston and ruined bore. I've rebuilt it, previous owner had it rebuilt 70k ago after what sounded like a similar failure. Challenge accepted ;)

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
After owning a GU TD42ti for a lot of years (the last few with UFI 16g turbo fitted), I bought a 2002 3.0di Wagon that is being cut down into a 4 door ute. I've been snooping about in the zd30 section for a while because the new car came complete with a hole through #2 piston and ruined bore. I've rebuilt it, previous owner had it rebuilt 70k ago after what sounded like a similar failure. Challenge accepted ;)
Yes the 2002 ZD30 was a risk as noted in the sticky in Buying a Nissan Patrol, but if it was rebuilt for the same reason as you did and only lasted 70,000k then a dodgy job was done and he learned nothing from the exercise. Plenty of info in the DI archives on what to do and what not to do, hope it all works out.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts