Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased one of these and think its great. You can potentially use it the same as a tirfor/hand winch but its smaller and easier to handle, although it only pulls a short distance. You can get them rated from 250kg to 6 tonne! I bought one secondhand but found the cheapest new ones are on eBay.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should be a must have for every ZD30 owner :)

Regards Don
Pah, TD42 owners need them aswell because when they are out on their own being ****y, they can recover themselves rather than getting their mate with the ZD30 to come and get them.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahaha, now I get it! I must be getting a bit slow in my old age. :D

·
Registered
nissan gu
84 Posts
Comealongs

I just purchased one of these and think its great. You can potentially use it the same as a tirfor/hand winch but its smaller and easier to handle, although it only pulls a short distance. You can get them rated from 250kg to 6 tonne! I bought one secondhand but found the cheapest new ones are on eBay.
Generally known as a Comealong.
I used the chain from a 6 metre drop endless chain in mine, or you can fit any length of properly rated chain to get what distance you want.
Very handy, so many uses.
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
187 Posts
Generally known as a Comealong.
I used the chain from a 6 metre drop endless chain in mine, or you can fit any length of properly rated chain to get what distance you want.
Very handy, so many uses.
Cheers
Comealongs,AHHHH..... brings back memories, used to use them at work, slow but
got some pulling power.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
We call them 'block and tackle'. My old man has 2 in his garage. And he has a TD42! hahaha!

Last used on my morris minor to drop a 1.4L Datto motor in.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We call them 'block and tackle'. My old man has 2 in his garage. And he has a TD42! hahaha!

Last used on my morris minor to drop a 1.4L Datto motor in.
This is what I know a block and tackle as. Its slightly different as you pull on a loop of chain to work it rather than a ratchet handle.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
This is what I know a block and tackle as. Its slightly different as you pull on a loop of chain to work it rather than a ratchet handle.
Man that is one dodgy lookin engine crane !.
I was thinking that myself
I've always known them as a comealong and they are a great bit of gear

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts

Man that is one dodgy lookin engine crane !.
hahaha typical patrol forum style.. when someone posts a photo up everyone looks for whats wrong and comments about that ! love it

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Heyhey, that is what Ive allways called a chain block, a block and tackle uses pulleys top and bottom of the lift using rope (or chain). Been around a long time..

Block and tackle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Im old and played with this stuff in my Dads shed when I was a kid, now he lives with us and spends all his time playing in my shed. He called it a chain block too.

That come-a-long could be real handy in the recovery kit, the chain might also do for snigging logs or for a long tow if really needed. Could even tie a misbehaving Tojo to a tree.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts