Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You lose how many points for 291 in a 100 zone?
:lol:
AUssie has a lot to learn!

BMW driver clocked speeding at 291km/h March 30, 2011 - 8:13AM
.A 22-year-old Brazilian man has been caught driving at an eye-watering 291km/h on the German motorway, almost three times the speed limit.

Many stretches of Germany's extensive autobahn network have no speed limit but the area near Hamburg in the north where the man was caught had a 100km/h restriction.

Police attempted to give chase in an unmarked patrol car but the seven-series BMW with Polish number plates was too fast. He was eventually caught further on with the help of several police cars.

Advertisement: Story continues below "Searching the boot of the car, police also recovered a small volume of drugs," a police statement said.

"The 22-year-old is now facing four points [on his licence], a three-month driving ban and an 1800 euro ($2480) fine."

AFP

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,248 Posts
Bargin!

·
Registered
nissan
65 Posts
He would almost do jail time if he did that here. He would if he had a bad traffic history already.

Its funny how people go to court charged with criminal offences such as assault, malicious damage, theft etc and get a slap on the wrist time and time again. But get charged with a traffic offence and they hit you hard.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
If that was in vic he would have got a slap on the wrist for that.
but if he was doing 63 in a 60 zone it'd be 3 points and $300

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,353 Posts
I know someone who was chased on the hume back in the 70's in her ferrari. She wasnt caught as pursuit vehicles then couldnt safely do 160mph. Apparently the authorities caught up with her decades later. With a fine and lose of license.

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
one of the guys who work in one of the panel shops we supply parts to was done for just under 300km/hr..
cops pulled him up for 100 in a 60 zone and he was trying to remove the camera mounted on his bike. they confiscated it and went through the footage. he hired a top legal eagle and he got from memory $3k fine , 3 yrs suspension. judge basically told him he to sell his bike or they would take it. police told him he was also lucky that the police couldnt 100% verify the num plates of his mates bikes as they would be standing next to him in court.

joys of being young.........aaaaahhhhhhhh.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
always figured i would fly thru the pearly gates on fire at over 300kph.
-then i bought a diesel patrol and it was love at first sight. i haven't driven over 180kph in nearly 4years

1 - 7 of 7 Posts