Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lads,

The GQ is about to go to make room for the project the thing that is really stumping me is the initial price...

Perfect wrecks dont show up often but this would would suit me to a tee!
ManheimFowles - Vehicle Details - Salvage

This would be getting dual cabbed and an engine transplant, the issue is that they expect $25-$30k for this :(

I was hoping it would be cheaper than that... rather Project it than the wreckers get it and then sell each door for $800 and the engine for a gazillion dollars...

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
because of the age,
they may get between 10 and 12k.

looking at the damage to the rear on the offside, even to do a duel cab conversion..
if the accident has tore the rear tyre clean of the studs,
what other damages are there that you cant see?

could come back costly if you need to replace the whole rear end.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I'd have thought 10k is way over the top for that.... $30k? hahahahahahahahaha!

also wouldnt start with something that smashed up unless your a panelbeater.. bend chassis? bend diffs? who knows. as said could be a bargain, or a nightmare.

·
Registered
NIssan
882 Posts
If you look at the pics there is a web site address and an email address on the car. Probably worth contacting them to see if they know the damage or can provide insurance details so you can call the insurance company for details. (under the privacy act the insurance company can give you details of the damage, just nothing re the owner etc)

I would want to find out why it was written off. Looking at the panel damage it does not appear to cost enough to write it off. I would be expecting suspension/chassis damage as well. If you can't get any details get a mechanic to give it a once over for you so at least you know what you are in for if you get it.

An insurance write off would have no reserve

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
mate of mine just traded his 2004 with blown 3l at aust fleet for $12k would've been perfect for engine transplant and dual cab conversion.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
Was talking to a mate yesterday who picked up a 2006 GU V TD42Ti Professional Dual cab cutdown straight out of the mine with a full mines cage and tray, 9 pages of maintenance on it with 110k on it.

a little knocked around inside but the service history is impeccable. He will take advantage of the Dash recall to freshen up the inside.

He got it unregistered and no RWC for $17,000 BARGAIN!!! 3 weeks ago in a yard in Melbourne. The guy at the yard was saying he had another coming in in about a month with 35,000ks on it and he would be looking for 25 to 30 for it!!

25 to 30 for that smashed up 3lt they are dreaming, I would not even talk to them again if they are trading in a world where they think that is a reasonable price. $10k would be TOP DOLLAR for that in its current state i reckon.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
looks pretty wasted. bodys banana'd
the only thing that is good is probs the motor, and you want to ditch that.

i have seen a few of these wrecks turn up. wait for one that better suits ur needs. ie good chassis, rear end damage and a blown motor

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,691 Posts
As your old man used to tell ya when you were young
"Get ya hand of it"

If its a write of,it would be on a WOVR,no matter how you fixed it they are a nitemare to get regoed

I doubt even wreckers would pay anywhere near that

I think some of these auction house are just way off the money
I seen pics a month or so ago of an MK wagon write of (cost way to much to fix)
And they had a 3.5K reserve on it

Keep lookin

·
Registered
nissan
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers guys,

yeah i fell off my chair when they said that. being in Melbourne i was going to trek up there to really suss it all out but thought it might be worth calling first, lucky i did me thinks.

$10k is fine, though my old man cant understand why i would by a car then spend 5 times as much on it doing it up...

The search continues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts