Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few posts re window dramas.

I fixed mine.

Turn off with windows up
after a beer or cuppa disconect - battery pole
open door try to turn on ignition and turn on then off a few things
replace - battery pole
open door turn on ignition to reds ie (try to start without brake on)
starting at pas rear door press down window button (fully) and hold down for a count of three after it has stopped.
then do pas fnt
drivers rear
drivers window

then work the up cycle starting again at pas rear , pass fnt , d r, d f.
pull switch up through both functions of the switch
once window is up continue to hold up for a count of three.

You need to follow the intructions in the pdf below.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/Y62PD...sert_Jan13.pdf

At a guess this was not done at PD

Mine have been perfect after doing this.

·
Registered
nissan
55 Posts
Gday Bogoor
Can you point me to where the pdf says to do what you suggest? Top of page 18 looks a little different ... am I missing something?
This window problem (my 2 front ones) seems fairly common as you say but no fix I have heard as yet...
What were yours doing prior to your fix?
Nissan is looking at mine next Friday.
cheers
John

·
Registered
nissan
133 Posts
Funny that when my Y62 was twed into Nissan in Midland for the falt code, they asked me if I had trouble with the windows, I said only once had it done the error, so they are now ordering me new motors and actuators for both front windows and will replace them at the next service

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Omg. My rear drivers side does not do the auto up!!

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
Funny things happen. ...must be chat about windows that got my front passenger down this morning and not getting the up message as I was heading to have the 30000 km service.

I mentioned it to them. ..and will return to the dealer later this week to resolve. But..it had to be today with -1 temps outsi
de.

Luckily window cooperated after a few kms and warmth returned.

John b

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
I took out the extended warranty anyway so all good for 5yrs as I won't reach the kms

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
Off topic. ..what did your warranty cost

I had a quote today for $2500 for 3 years

John b

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Oh that's 6yrs not 5! Sorry just got back to Melb
From trip to Gold Coast.
Car eats the Kms.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
The best was Sydney to Gold Coast, managed 13.6l on fully loaded car, no trailer. Just the kaymar rear bar.

This was on full tank of bp ultimate.

The worse was melbourne to Sydney which achieved 14.5l but this was only 95 fuel from independent.

Overall, pretty happy. Full tank to Sydney, another tank to Gold Coast. Except fuel in Sydney and Gold Coast was extremely high!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mmmmm electric windows playing up already! What is it with Nissan? Is it any wonder LandCruisers outsell Patrols 5 to 1. Nissan have had at least 10 years to develop the Y62 and iron out all the bugs before its release and they still can't get it right. Don't get me wrong - I know you guys love your cars. I'm simply making an observation. If Nissan want to compete with Toyota they're just gunna have to raise their game and prove to the buying public that their product is just as good as Toyota's.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Toyota is just as bad. For example, the kluger, 2007 onwards, it has even today ongoing issues with intermediate steering shaft.

I knew if the issue so when I bought one second hand I found it had the issue and had the dealer replace the part.

It is 7 years already on sale yet the only cure they have is for the consumer to fork out a good part of $1000 to fix.

Window issue sounds like an electronic gremlin,
Rather this than a constant "clonk" every time you do a left hand turn...

Don't get me started in Mercedes. We traded the Merc for the nissan!

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
^ lol and you think a LC owner would admit to all the nigly faults they have... I think not!

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
That was meant for deejay not you patroly62.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Of course:)

Just can't wait till I get he chance to take the patrol out on some tracks.

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Stop kidding yourself deejay, every single make and model of car has issues.

As someone who holidays with a bunch of yoda owners its funny trying to get some of them to admit their car has a problem.

Fairly sure yoda diesel injectors are rubbish as is the filtration on hiluxs.

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Haha LC 200 outsells the patrol in Australia the smallest market in the world. The QX80 outsold the LC200 and Lexus 570 combined 3 fold in the US and god knows how many they are selling in the middle east and Russia. Search Y62 on instagram and you will be amazed!

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
Stepping back from feeding the troll, my stealer can't fix this issue, is having another go today.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts