Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GRX 2003
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere on the firewall to get a 0 gauge power cable into the car for amp & woofer installation?

pictures please!

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
Plus my boost controller is easy to get to there as well ;)

·
Registered
nissan
1,207 Posts
Personally id have put a bit of Sikaflex to seal around those wires, just to make sure no water can enter the cab. :)

In my car audio install days, i always ran any wires through firewalls so the wire went "up-hill" just before the firewall, this way any water that collects and runs down the wires, will always run away from the rubber gromet instead of feeding water into it.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
9inch holesaw on the end of a jackhammer?

·
Registered
nissan
688 Posts
I used a coat hanger cut down and straightened, and hooked the end of the power cable (which had a fitting for the battery already soldered and clamped on) and just pushed the big grommet near the accelerator, the coast hanger pierced a small hold and went through, then fron the engine bay I pulled the end of the wire through (tight as). Hole is smaller than the wire and tight fit. Mostly water/dust proof I'd say. Took about 2 mins.

·
Registered
Nissan
583 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
On my 2005 wagone there is a large grommet high up in the firewall just to the drivers side of centre that is unused (saves poking a extra hole through a already used grommet)

Regards Don

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have also used this grommet, and recently noticed water entering cabin passenger side, traced water to the cables and will be looking at sealing it up.

·
Registered
NIssan
882 Posts
I don't have amp cables running through there yet but I do have my UHF antenna and the power cables for the car computer running through. Also used the straightened coathanger trick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts