Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do i screw to get more fuel presure and does anyone have any explanation of how i will get more air from the turbo

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
Is that photo of your pump?
It does not look like MK turbo pump, its rather N/A industrial pump(RSW type regulator?).

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Is that photo of your pump?
It does not look like MK turbo pump, its rather N/A industrial pump(RSW type regulator?).
i dont know im pretty new at motors but i suppose that is the fuelpump if not help me plz have been searching for weeks now and found nothing that look like this one. will bhe happy for all answers i can get
here is a pic if it can help someone to be smarter then me :p

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that factory SD33T or turboed by someone? And is that a patrol?
:)
actually i dont know but i have read that the yellow motor often was a sd33 and blue one was a sd33T but on the top of the motor it says "nissan diesel turbo" i have looked on some pics of sd33t pump but it doesnt match mine, thats why i need some help to know where i can boost the fuel on the pump here´s a pic of the car

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
You can increase fuel on the on-boost screw there are posts and picture on here. This is not a common rail so fuel pressure has noting to do with power. Injectors spray at about 120psi (10bar) not 10,000. If you increase the fuel level too much the exhaust gas temperature will rise a lot more and unless the engine gets more air (increased boost) to could do some serious damage. Best bet is to get a pyrometer (EGT gauge) and fit it to the dump pipe to keep an eye on temps.
Mine is adjusted 1/2 turn and rusn a lot better but I need to watch it on long hills or EGT's go over 600 C

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
Looks like there is no boost compensator on his pump.
If it is factory turbo it will have turbo oil drain pipe going to the block(not sump). Also post 83 engines had breather valve on top cover connected with air filter housing.

@Metalwolf
Give us some more pictures of engine bay. You may need to change injection pump to the proper patrol SD33T version. Tune with N/A pump is always a compromise - if you give it too much fuel it will smoke like hell down low, and to little fuel there will be no smoke and no power.

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can increase fuel on the on-boost screw there are posts and picture on here. This is not a common rail so fuel pressure has noting to do with power. Injectors spray at about 120psi (10bar) not 10,000. If you increase the fuel level too much the exhaust gas temperature will rise a lot more and unless the engine gets more air (increased boost) to could do some serious damage. Best bet is to get a pyrometer (EGT gauge) and fit it to the dump pipe to keep an eye on temps.
Mine is adjusted 1/2 turn and rusn a lot better but I need to watch it on long hills or EGT's go over 600 C
ok, but the thing is that i cant find any pics of where the boost screw are placed cause the picture that i have seen alot on this forum doesnt match my fuel pump at all, so if u know where it is if u look at the picture above i will appriciate if u can copy the image and mark it for me in mspaint or something and send to me :D

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
I wonder if this is a SD33 from a forklift they were used for them and he governor would be a different type maybe??

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Make sure you only do the "on boost" not the "no boost" or you will be smoking at idle. Increase it 1/4 at a time and floor it up a hill with someone behind looking for black smoke. When smoking too much back it off a bit. Also get a pyro and a manual boost controller "T" (turbotech or turbosmart"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Subject: more fuel need!

Hello everybody,

First of all sorry for my English!

I have sd33t, turbo hulset 30(analog Garret 28), intercooled, exhausted 63cm (V- band bolt on), gauges: air fuel ratio (aem) and exhaust temp. Boost, etc (defi)

Now boost 1,5bar (22psi); egt around 400 C+(around 100 Celsius correction sensor in down pipe); afr all time rich ( except till 1100rpm. After no any signs of black smoke and power loosen significant loosen after 2500rpm. But boost keeping 1,5bar! 0 - 100km. ~10sec.

fuel pump(240cc) increased by boost compensator and one more thinks by screwing full load(speed). Much better when stock but need more!

Question: how to get fuel capacity for boost 2,0bar (psi) - 2,5bar? Maybe change fuel pump or injections?

If any questions please ask! For any answers will be very appreciative!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts