Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Looking at buying a light bar for the roof however a little unsure where to mount it.

Seen plenty of lightbars mounted on the front of the headboard on the tray however I have a bracket in that position for my tray light that is facing backwards - this would mean I would have to mount it on TOP of the headboard - possibly can see it getting broken going through low clearance areas...

Does anyone make any sort of brackets for the roof? That can still be placed a little way back to avoid getting glare off the bonnet.

Thanks

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/members/coilcab00-128161/albums/trol-gu-coily/18505-tray.jpg

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
I would consider getting a fabricator to make a single rail with gutter rails. There is alot on ebay for ideas. You fix the LED light bar so it could be quick release so it not get nicked. For the glare I use matt wrap that stops all glare on the bonnet. You could also fit a deflector plate at the bottom of the light bar.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Check with your local popo to make sure it's legal to mount it there before going to too much effort. The fine might be more than the bracket.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
I used a single Rhino rack cross bar to mount the lightbars under and really close to the roof. But these were the lowest profile lightbars I could find.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
204 Posts
I bought one of these mounts to use, from uneek4x4 it is to mount a 50"

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
how many amps are these full length light bars pulling and did you include a relay. I fitted a relay but I am not sure if its really needed on LED small lights?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,868 Posts
Not sure if this is the first time you have done this but just in case, be aware that the reflection on the bonnet can drive you crazy if the mount is not setback far enough to remove the glare, I don't have lights up there now but have on my older vehicles particularly for beach work and keeping an eye on those sneaky washouts. Take note of Geordies setup.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
how many amps are these full length light bars pulling and did you include a relay. I fitted a relay but I am not sure if its really needed on LED small lights?
I think mine is 120w so 10A.

I use an arb wiring kit which includes a relay, over ride switch and wiring. Also has a separate run for a second light.

Reactions: dbsep
1 - 9 of 9 Posts