Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
what should have been a 20 minute job has turned out to be a case of me versus the patrol,2 bolts that will not budge a flippin bit,to many weekends on the beach has not helped the cause,if anyone has tips or ideas, now's a good time to come forward before i roll it down the street in a blaze of nissans finest.
:headwall:

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Hit the gym for a while then come back to it?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sounds like the plugs from both my diffs, The Mechanic said he broke 2 Sidcrome extensions bars trying to undo them.
No wonder I couldn't move them, I thought I was a weakling.
There is a freeze spray you can buy at spare parts shops to assist in removal, spray on the bolt. Could you get a rattle gun on it with extensions.
The other thing would be befriend a Gorilla.
Good luck with it.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Nothing worse. Pisses me off when i do my brakes and the 2 bolts on the calipre wont budge, actually i take that back. They all turn EXCEPT FOR 1. It happens on every car ive owned, its like the car is mocking me.

·
Registered
nissan
77 Posts
Yep aggree with Murraman, hit it with a can of freezer, I got mine from Jaycar Electronics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well after a couple of cans of spinach{beer},i removed the front drive shaft and hey bloody presto,bottom bolt came out followed by the top,i put it down to the beer,not the fact that i made more room by removing the driveshaft,thanks for your help guys,now to put the matches away for another day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts