Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, for those who have been able

I tried yesterday and they simply won't budge.

Any suggestions on how you guys removed these blanks caps? I am trying the ones near the right knee area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,512 Posts
Hi everyone, for those who have been able

I tried yesterday and they simply won't budge.

Any suggestions on how you guys removed these blanks caps? I am trying the ones near the right knee area

Unfortunately, if they are anything like previous Nissan blank switches, they will plug in from behind the panel, not push in from the front. There will be some sort of frame thing screwed in from behind to hold them in place.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did, from behind but it didn't budge!

Didn't know if I am doing something wrong and didn't want to break it

·
Registered
9,512 Posts
Hmm, then if there is not something surrounding the switch (or blank switch cover) holding it in from behind, there must be some tricky clip.

Can you get a look at a new genuine switch replacement so you can see if there is a little tab or something to push in and release it.

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
Pull the panel down and stick a small flat screwdriver in between the blank and its surround, they have a small clip top and bottom, well the ones in the dash did and that is how I got them out. You won't push these ones out and if you do you could damage the plastic panel because they are in pretty tight. The panel under the steering column comes out pretty easily, a couple of screws. a couple of bolts (for the bonnet catch and a 10mm head) and if I recall a small screw that has a torx head. Just be careful pulling the panel down as there are wires connected to the back of this panel. Once you get it down you will see what I mean. All in all a pretty easy job to do.
The really fun panel is the big side panel on the dash that needs to come off to get to the stereo etc, that was fun!!!

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
i struggled with mine for ages, tried to remove it etc... then i had a brain fart and wacked it with the back of the screwdriver, popped in no worries at all, so did the same for the one next to it and installed the rocker switches for my spotties and lightbar :)

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
i struggled with mine for ages, tried to remove it etc... then i had a brain fart and wacked it with the back of the screwdriver, popped in no worries at all, so did the same for the one next to it and installed the rocket switches for my spotties and lightbar :)
I wasn't game enough to give them a decent wack. Plastic bits for this vehicle are not exactly cheap, and I had to pull the panels off anyway for better access.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it!!!

However I noticed a wire that is taped up behind the second hole.

For those with ti and tiL, what is in place of these buttons on your vehicles? Boot opener?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Photo will do of this area from
Ti and tiL owners? Want to know what buttons you guys have here

·
Registered
nissan
84 Posts
Photo will do of this area from
Ti and tiL owners? Want to know what buttons you guys have here

Just checked my Ti-L. The blanking plate in the middle has the on/off button for the rear power door. The others are just covers like yours. I tried to take a photo. It the light was too poor for the iPad.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With that button, does it disable the power tailgate?

·
Registered
nissan
316 Posts
Here is a picture guys, sorry for the delay as just saw this post

Had a look around the net for factory looking switches to suit Y62 or Infinity QX56 but no luck in that department.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts