Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday guys, I upgraded from the factory head unit over a year ago and would like to sell it on. Is there a way of retrieving the code?

·
Registered
nissan
401 Posts
You will need to go to a nissan stealership, provide chassis number and your licence. You will have to pay a pinapple im pretty sure.

·
Registered
nissan
1,181 Posts
Have you have checked for the little white card with the code on it , could be with your owners manual wallet ?

If you do not have this ,yes your local nissan dealer can look up the code from records using the cars VIN, (must be same radio car was built with for it to match)

Most will require you to bring car and proof of ownership to dealer, and may charge you a fee

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you really need one, I bought a second hand unit ( my original was not reading cds) whacked it in and turned it straight on, no code needed.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
15 Posts
When the battery died on my Nissan Pulsar, it was a case of just going in to the dealership with the rego number and vin number and they did it on the spot, Can't imagine why its any different with the Patrol

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spot on guys, only problem is the vin didnt show a security pin # so I guess it isnt security coded?

That would be much appreciated Nizzbits, just to make sure they know what they're doing. PM sent mate

·
Registered
nissan patrol
94 Posts
If it's the standard double din one out of a GU they don't
Take a pin code, just plug it in and turn it on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts