Registered
nissan
67 Posts
Patrol Model/ 1999 s1
Lift size: tough dog 3" with 25mm coil spacers
Tyre Dimensions: 33/12.5/15
Wheels: 15x8 -22
Any scrubbing? Yes/No: no but haven't taken it out on any real hard tracks
Recommended? Yes/No: not really as they look small with the big lift, ill be going 35s as soon as I an afford it.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu ute
5 Posts
anyone on here got a GU Ute coil front and leaf rear with a 4 inch lift? and explain to me how you did the lift the lift exactly? cheers!

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,584 Posts
anyone on here got a GU Ute coil front and leaf rear with a 4 inch lift? and explain to me how you did the lift the lift exactly? cheers!
It is definately doable. Suspension Stuff sell a 3" flexy leaf off the shelf and with extended shackles you have 4" in the rear. Springs in the front are the same as any wagon. I run 3" C/L with 2" leafs and Ext. Shackles in the rear. You can get leaf spring made to any size you want for a price!

For a eye opener, read this thread below, in order of posting for full enjoyment:

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/members-rides-19/timbos-gu-4-2-turbo-97015/

Now this (not recommended but definately a laugh and shows what is possible!)

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/memb...d42-dx-trayback-runnin-38s-128042/index7.html

Reactions: Jamie392

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu ute
5 Posts
It is definately doable. Suspension Stuff sell a 3" flexy leaf off the shelf and with extended shackles you have 4" in the rear. Springs in the front are the same as any wagon. I run 3" C/L with 2" leafs and Ext. Shackles in the rear. You can get leaf spring made to any size you want for a price!

For a eye opener, read this thread below, in order of posting for full enjoyment:

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/members-rides-19/timbos-gu-4-2-turbo-97015/

Now this (not recommended but definately a laugh and shows what is possible!)

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/memb...d42-dx-trayback-runnin-38s-128042/index7.html
ive had a look at the 3" flexy leaf kit from suspension stuff and was wondering if it will sag much? as ive heard they do
Has anyone ever tried doing a spring over conversion in a GU, Im a fabricator so i don't mind cutting and welding mounts.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,584 Posts
Reactions: mmoyle

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
New Wheels

1999 GU 4500
3"lift
15"x8" neg 22
35" maxxis 762
scrubbing=no
recomender=yes

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
503 Posts
2" lift (I just think it sits more like higher lift in the front and definitely at the back)
265/70 R16 rubber
7x16 -20 steelies
no rubbing
recommened - yes :)

·
Registered
Nissan
232 Posts
Patrol Model/Year: GU series 1
Lift size: 2 inch.
Tyre Dimensions: 305/70/16 . BFG KM2s
Wheels: 16X8 Factory GU Alloys (painted black)
Any scrubbing? Yes/No: no.
Recommended? Yes/No: yes.

:)

This... has just talked me out of 35's..

Reactions: A4B

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2 Posts
Y61 SWB 3 inches

Patrol Model/Year: GU Y61 3.8 petrol SWB Safari 2014
Lift size: 3 inches Ironman complete kit with shocks, coils, steering dampener, bushes, etc.
Tyre Dimensions: 275/70/16 stock
Wheels: 16x8 Factory GU Alloys
Any scrubbing? No. But there was a lot of vibration.
Recommended? No. Too much lift for an SWB.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2 Posts
Y61 SWB 2 inches

Patrol Model/Year: GU Y61 3.8 petrol SWB Safari 2014
Lift size: 2 inches OME coils, Ironman kit with shocks, steering dampener, bushes, etc.
Tyre Dimensions: 275/70/16 stock
Wheels: 16x8 Factory GU Alloys
Any scrubbing? No. Very little vibration.
Recommended? No. Yes, of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan/patrolgq
1 Posts
you mention the STANDARD GQ offset, is that -22? I have 'standard' i think 6" wheels on my RX3.0 but there appears to be very little offset? Im looking to upgrade with a 2" lift and some 33" Mud terrains. Any advice? Thanks Pearly

·
Registered
nissan
110 Posts
you mention the STANDARD GQ offset, is that -22? I have 'standard' i think 6" wheels on my RX3.0 but there appears to be very little offset? Im looking to upgrade with a 2" lift and some 33" Mud terrains. Any advice? Thanks Pearly

Standard offset is deffinatly not -22. Your wheels would be 7" so maybe -13 offset. Get some nice black 8" -22 sunraisers for $50 each brand new. They would go well with the 33s.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Model/year:04 tdi ute
Lift size:5"front,6"rear tough dogs
Tyre size:315/75/16
Wheels:-44 allied thunders
Any scrubbing:yes(removed mudflaps )no more scrubbing
Recommended:yes,wider stance,more stable
image.jpg

·
Registered
Nissan patrol GU
43 Posts
Hey guys,

Anyone know if theres any problems with a 4" suspension lift (will likely be going tough dog foam cells) runs with 37's?? I would be looking at getting a Maxxis Trepador BIAS 37 x 12.50-16 set just as a offroad set for my 06 guiv series patrol. My only concern was if was going to scrub at full flex or whether i needed to do a chop for it.

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
nissan
280 Posts
Model/year: 2013 GU9

Lift size: 2" from ultimate suspension with front radius arms spacers spaced 10mm and 80 series bump stops all round

Tyre size: 285/70/17 cooper st maxx soon to get 315/70/17 Goodyear wrangler mtr's

Wheels: stock for now will be going pro comp steel wheels 17x9 -19

Any scrubbing: Not at all

Recommended: Coming from the last 3 4wd's all having 4" lifts at a minimum and running 35"s, she is going absolutely everywhere I point her. So yes why not!

101 - 120 of 155 Posts