Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the factory specs for the HT18 turbine inducer/exducer and possibly the a/r of the exhaust housing? Thought for sure there would have been a post with this info but I'm unable to find it using the search bar.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry cant get it apart atm
All good mate, it's just for curiosity anyways. Thought for sure it would have already been documented on here somewhere but my search bar skills are obviously lacking. Cheers for attempting to measure it

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Finally got some apart, but couldnt get the rear housing off
But here are the compressor measurements
Inducer 43mm
Exducer 63mm

Rear wheel exit
20200726_220222.jpg
20200726_220206.jpg
20200726_220346.jpg
is I'd say 45mm

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those rear housings can be quite a mission. I've had to use a blow torch and mallet before but it was a stuffed turbo so I wasn't scared to damage it during removal.

·
Registered
nissan
2,873 Posts
When i have some time I will measure a turbine wheel, plenty laying about.
A/r on turbine, I would need to look again, but pretty sure they have .69 on them.
Unfortunately, the whole turbine housing arrangement has some EMP issue's, we even see this with the aftermarket copies that have different turbine wheels used in them.
Turbine change wail change some characteristics, but not inherent flow problems.
We get plenty of direct bolt on versions come through that have issues unfortunately, rainbow wheels and all.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to have a guess and say he's referring to a certain company that has brightly coloured comp wheels

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kiwi dingo, have you looked at using a vnt turbo as a replacement? Should be a few options around
Yuck, no thanks. I'm a gate for life type of guy. ;)

Yeah curious also what are you working on,
Not working on anything, just see them pop up for sale online for basically nothing and have been curious in their specs and how they compare to other factory turbos designed for similar sized engines. Just like learning and gathering information on things, I have no plans to actually use one

·
Registered
nissan
192 Posts
Just to give you a comparison I've put a GTV2360 on my DI ZD30 and upgraded the compressor.
Turbine is 50.5/46
Comp is 49/65

Makes the HT18 seem small or a 4.2 litre

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just to give you a comparison I've put a GTV2360 on my DI ZD30 and upgraded the compressor.
Turbine is 50.5/46
Comp is 49/65

Makes the HT18 seem small or a 4.2 litre
I'm willing to bet that the HT18 turbine wheel is a lot bigger than that tiny 50.5 / 46mm turbine of the gtv23 series.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts