Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Just want to see if I've diagnosed this right.

Have been getting a 'clicking' sound from the front end. Sounds almost like I have a 'traveller' (that is, a stick or something rubbing on the ground).

Basically, I pull over to the side of the road, throw it in reverse, plant the foot, I hear a click from the front end then all good. I'm thinking it's Auto Hubs partially engaging for no good reason?

Would welcome any contrary opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Hey guys! Just want to see if I've diagnosed this right.

Have been getting a 'clicking' sound from the front end. Sounds almost like I have a 'traveller' (that is, a stick or something rubbing on the ground).

Basically, I pull over to the side of the road, throw it in reverse, plant the foot, I hear a click from the front end then all good. I'm thinking it's Auto Hubs partially engaging for no good reason?

Would welcome any contrary opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely sounds like auto hubs. Sorry to state the obvious but you haven't locked them manually and not returned them to auto? Not sure how that works as it shouldn't make much difference apart from using more fuel, but it happened to my Brother in law. First time it happened to him reversing would stop it but kept coming back. After a week of this he came over for advice. I went straight for the hub and it was in lock. After turning back to auto he had no issues until the next three times he forgot to put them back to auto.

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Literally just fixed the exact same problem Auto hubs were stuffed $200 got myself a pair of manual hubs fitted the and problem solved!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts