Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Holy Crap!

I have modified a Tamiya F350 and I have put in a Patrol style front suspension and I reckon that body would look an absolute treat!

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
Nissan
2,992 Posts
i bet i could mod it to fit my short course race truck!! only problem is that a patrol would look stoopid lowered :p

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Would be easy to cut the flairs and put big rubber under it :toothmis:

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
It's about time! Finally!

DAMN! Just looked at that link though!

Total price for body on delivery is $115 +postage! That is bloody rich! Cheeky buggers.

I assume this is for a 1/10 truck?

As you say Sudso, to fit decent crawler rubber under it i am going to have to cut the crap out of the guards and it will loose most of the Patrol style as soon as i do that......hmmmm...$115! Not sure for that figure?

·
Registered
nissan
206 Posts
I will pay somebody silly amounts of money for that plastic wrapper/shell it comes in.

If you must know, I wish to make Nissan Patrol cakes for my birthday and I need the moulds. Happy to pay Direct Deposit.

I'm serious here.

Cheers,
Mick

·
Registered
nissan
1,422 Posts
mate i think thats the shell you actually have to cut it out.

could be wrong

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
mate i think thats the shell you actually have to cut it out.

could be wrong
Yep... The first 2 pics of the clear shell is what you get and you need to paint it in the colour scheme you like. You need to blank out the windows and sort out the two tone when you are doing it.

Normally you would paint it on the inside out so the plastic protects your paint.

They may or may not come carded with a "shrink wrap" cover over them that you might use but cant see that performing in the oven ?? LOL nice idea though

·
Registered
nissan
206 Posts
Bugger it, if there is a cardboard/shrinkwrap/plastic thing that still has the shape I'll pour bloody custard and araldite in the bastard, I will have my cakes.

Cheers,
Mick

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Awesome.been looking for awhile. But your right u would need to cut the guards hard to be able to run it. Good as a scaler though and sht hot. I'm running a bodiless comp ruled 4vp kit.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
As you say Sudso, to fit decent crawler rubber under it i am going to have to cut the crap out of the guards and it will loose most of the Patrol style as soon as i do that......hmmmm...$115! Not sure for that figure?
Yeah it's a lot for a little piece of polycarb made from a chinese made diemould but imagine the chicks you'd pull.

·
Learned the hard way - RD28t out TD42 in
4,415 Posts
Surely you lot only need buy the one, and then make a mould off it ? Plenty for all then and even Mike could have his cakes ! There must be someone on this Forum who does that sort of stuff.

·
Registered
nissan
58 Posts
What chassis i that an axial?.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
206 Posts
I have 1 of these shells and i'm painting it up tthe same as my shorty as we speak.. will post up pics when it's finished ..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts