Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/gu
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a able ro get as much as i want of the "RIMULA R3X (ch4-dh1) 15w-40 oil.
but can somebody tell me if it would suit a zd30. after reding the drums i think it is suited to large diesel engines not passenger cars.

any advice would be great. thanx

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I'll take a 44 of it please :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Engine Oil for ZD30

Bulletin Re: Engine oil for ZD30 Sept 2004

For what it is worth, thanks to someone kind enough to place this bulletin on the www, I have used 10w-40 ACEA 83 or JASO DH 1 semi-synthetic oil since 2004.

I have replaced the engine oil and filter every 5,000 kms and have not had any engine problems, vehicle has now covered 188,000 kms.

Hope your ZD30 goes forever.

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
216 Posts
I use that in my 4.2, that is a gold mine Il take a 44 also :)

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ
109 Posts
I'm in the same boat mate... The rimula 15w-40 does say for high horsepower applications but I figure if its good enough to put in a 2 or 3 thousand horsepower engine then it's fine to put in my td42... And it's free! Up to you really though mate...

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
if a 44 is too much then i can send 5lt containers with return postage paid.nah good on ya mate make the most of it

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
I will be happy to take as much as you want to give away for my two Nissans.

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
i am a able ro get as much as i want of the "RIMULA R3X (ch4-dh1) 15w-40 oil.
but can somebody tell me if it would suit a zd30. after reding the drums i think it is suited to large diesel engines not passenger cars.

any advice would be great. thanx
I'm in!!! when does the supply start? 44's ? When its cheap( free+ Postage+ few beers) I couldnt care less if I change every 1000km,,,:D

·
Registered
nissan/gu
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your all getting pretty excited about the oil, so i wont mention the diesel that i get too... i changed me oil today with the rimula, old oil was discusting after only 3500k. i have now discovered i have a serious trans problem, i checked my fluid and it is a mud/sand coulour, i think my trans cooler might be leaking coolant into the trans, there is also a little oil in my coolant, i will post up a pic of the oil colour. i dropped the trans oil, well the 4-5 litres that comes out and replaced that so i can get it down to a mechanic, bout 300km. i hope i dont cause damage in that distance, i have noticed it playing up a little, I should of checked it earlier...

·
Registered
nissan
1,422 Posts
Mate don't have to send me anything. Ill come collect ;-)

·
Registered
nissan/gu
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan/gu
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
any body got ideas, i think it might be a little more serious than just old oil, and theres no trick lighting, that is the actual colour. all i can think of is a cooling system leak, i just hope it hasn't done any serious damage inside the transmision. ive got it booked in at pt augusta on monday morning.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I'll have a closer look when I come for the 5x 44's of diesel and 1x44 of oil.

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
Dont worry about truckster petty order.:rolleyes:

I'll send up a B-Double tanker 42,000 litres 50/50 split... shouldn't be a big ask. Hey ash1988? ;) couple of slabs should cover it me thinks.:lol::bs:

Anyone in for a group delivery? OUR BEST MATE ash1988 IS SHOUTING :D or maybe pipeline to Melbourne and branch of to forum members on the way down :hmm:hmmm

·
Registered
nissan/gu
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
when i say endless supply, it is endless supply for me! a drilling company left 3 and a half drums of it behind when they finished thier contract, so i have stashed the drums out the way and just grab it when i need some. thats aprox 700 litres, so if i changed my oil every 5000 i would get well over 70 changes thats 350,000kms. so for me thats about 15 years worth of oil!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts