Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches
nissan patrol
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you blokes might already be aware of this, but for those who aren't, I have to let you all know that I am defecting to the Toymota Blandcruiser camp.....bought myself a 2003 4.2TDi with IFS and a 5-speed slushbox.

The patrol has been sold (yet to be finalised as the buyer is coming down from Qld around Easter) and I'm going back to being a one-car household.

I probably won't be looking in on this forum much anymore....now spending my time on Lcool.

Thanks for all the great info exchanges we have had over the past several years and I hope to see some of you around the traps from time to time.

Cheers

Roachie

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Can i ask why? Hope you're happy with your purchase and good luck...

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Nooo, who am I going to buy HID XGT lightforce off now!

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Roachie said:
bought myself a 2003 4.2TDi with IFS and a 5-speed slushbox.
I was right LMAO!!! :D :D :D was discussing it with farmer john from timboon ;)

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Traitor ;)...funny - I was just thinking the other day that you had hardly posted recently. You'll be missed Roachie!

Good luck
Jamie.

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
it's the grey zone

Some of you blokes might already be aware of this, but for those who aren't, I have to let you all know that I am defecting to the Toymota Blandcruiser camp.....bought myself a 2003 4.2TDi with IFS and a 5-speed slushbox.

The patrol has been sold (yet to be finalised as the buyer is coming down from Qld around Easter) and I'm going back to being a one-car household.

I probably won't be looking in on this forum much anymore....now spending my time on Lcool.

Thanks for all the great info exchanges we have had over the past several years and I hope to see some of you around the traps from time to time.

Cheers

Roachie
It aint dark roachie.. it's the grey zone... it yours the 24 valve? Good luck and have fun and thanks for the advise you hae given me since I joined

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
Well I've never been so insulted! lol....good luck mate.

·
"Remember, you're unique... just like everyone els
nissan patrol
1,593 Posts
Nice choice Roachie, I'm more than likely going down the same road (Auto 1HD-FTE 100 Series) when the GQ has finally had it's day.

Any pictures of your purchase and good luck with it all on LCool

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Not a Land Crab!
Hope you enjoy the new bus, They are a nice truck, just we all have soft spot for trolls though, hope you keep up your apperances on here from time to time.
Hey we still talk to Yom and he has a hair dresses soft roader.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Yeah, have fun and enjoy your new car Roachie. I've enjoyed reading your stuff too. You'll be the LOL LCOL or what ever they call themselves gain and our loss. Be sure to set them straight

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Doing the grey nomad thing now Roachie? :evillaug:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,227 Posts
So there is a substitute for cubic inches??? An IFS luxobarge jks.

I can't believe their forum is actually called 'LCOOL' sounds like they came up with the acronym first and filled in the letters later the best they could.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,522 Posts
Good luck with it Roachie and our best wishes go with you. Is the new owner of your rig joining our motley crew?

·
Buy the Patrol Back
nissan patrol
1,460 Posts
Good luck Mate and yes hope to see ya on the highway somewhere...

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
I am just starting to get a bit of knowledge about these things and how the 4by world works, and you leave.

You have been a great help good luck now bugga off

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
I had 05 LC100 with solid axle's all round and changed back after year. I must the 4.2 engine was a good motor but i just couldnt get use the shape and the feel of LC.

I also had a company LC100 V8 for 2 months as loaner and that had the same feel to it. Love the engines in both just dint like the shape.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Its been good having you here roachie, informative, contributed lots, and civil. thanks bud, good luck with the Toyota.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts