Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol 1998 y61
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have patrol y61 1998 diesel . .i have a problem with the accelerate difficult to start

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,048 Posts
I have patrol y61 1998 diesel . .i have a problem with the accelerate difficult to start
Hi Mate, you need to put up much more info than that to get a good answer, A chip won't fix a mechanical or electrical problem you may have, but if your just talking about it being slow then maybe a chip could help. Detail Dimitris, that is what we need.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol 1998 y61
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is slow on the start. .. is late to accelerate . If is a hill at about 60% i cannot move i have to put 4x4low

·
Registered
nissan
10,949 Posts
levels of maintenance? air and fuel filters ok. brakes arnt dragging. km on motor?
i think there might be a translation issue but the questions your asking are way to vague to even begin to narrow down a solution sorry mate.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,048 Posts
Is slow on the start. .. is late to accelerate . If is a hill at about 60% i cannot move i have to put 4x4low
Sorry I should have worded my question better, what I meant was are you complaining about it just being slow all the time and want it to go faster or is it simply getting worse. If the latter as said a chip will do nothing, there is a mechanical or electrical issue as stated. Detail, that is what we need.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol 1998 y61
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is late to accelarate. . . I must wait until the turbo start working to feel the accelarate. . Can i do something ?

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,048 Posts
Is late to accelarate. . . I must wait until the turbo start working to feel the accelarate. . Can i do something ?
Understand that, my question is, has this suddenly happened or is it the way it has always been?
This lets us know if we are chasing a fault or you just want it to go faster.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,048 Posts
OK now we are getting somewhere, so this is standard performance that you wish to improve, yes a chip can help, but please make sure the all engine components are in good condition and working as they should, for example fuel injection pump and injectors.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,740 Posts
Dimitris1991, this sounds like a fuel restriction=not enough flow of diesel. Check fuel filters for contamination. Is hand primer stiff all the time (especially after engine off for a while) or really easy to pump foe a few strokes then goes hard? What colour is the smoke and when?

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,214 Posts
Now we have more information, we can help. A 60% slope is very steep, I doubt any vehicle could take off in high range. The 2.8 has very little power off boost, which in standard form doesn't start till over 2000rpm. Provided your pump & injectors are OK, then I would suggest that you look at fitting a bigger exhaust (2 3/4" - 3") with a larger dump pipe & free flow muffler. There are a few chips around for the 2.8, which will make a big difference, but I would change the exhaust system first. Also make sure your fuel & air filters are good and it would also be a good idea to test the MAF, especially if your Patrol has a lot of km's on the clock. What size tyres are you running?, I personally wouldn't go any bigger than 33" (285/75 R16}

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,214 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts