Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can anyone in the north of Adelaide lend me a 42mm socket.
Bit short of cash at the moment and the local tool supplier wants $83.
I need t for tomorrow.
Cheers in advance,
Adam

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
You only need the engine in two positions to check & ajust valve all the valve clearances so if all else fails put it in a high gear & push it along (the driveline will turn the engine) until the valves are in the correct position

The other way is to put a socket on another smaller nut (the power steering pully nut is accessible on mine) & turn it over on that

Regards Don

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
me and a mate did his a few yrs back, just flick the key real quick keeping in mind your tappet aint that far out, can do more damage than good sometimes but he was in a rush

·
Registered
nissan patrol
142 Posts
i just pull the glow plugs and turn it by the ps pump pulley works a treat. and never had any drams doing it like so
I need to adjust the valve clearance on my TD42 before increasing the idle speed, will try this!

·
Registered
468 Posts
i just pull the glow plugs and turn it by the ps pump pulley works a treat. and never had any drams doing it like so
No need to pull the glow plugs (well I don't, anyway) ...........

Just put a bit of pressure on the belt, and she turns over no problems at all.. ;)

:cheers:

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
No need to pull the glow plugs (well I don't, anyway) ...........

Just put a bit of pressure on the belt, and she turns over no problems at all.. ;)

:cheers:
X2 - whats the big deal captain????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts