Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had confirmed that the head on my '04 3.0l TD is cracked. Can people recommend somewhere to get a new head installed in either Albury/Wodonga or eastern suburbs of Melbourne? Looking to get the whole job done, drive in and drive out but would prefer someone who's competent and done one of these before.

Cheers,
Leroy

·
Registered
106 Posts
Try Andrew @ Ontrack 4x4 93107755 Malcomb crt St Albans, good work very resonable and Know Nissan well.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your reply. I was really after someone in the eastern suburbs. With all the problems with this engine I thought I would of been flooded with recommendations!

I called up Guests in Fairfiled and had the oddest conversation with them just going on and on and bagging the vehicle etc. Fortunately they weren't interested in the job because I don't think I could of handed it too them with that manner!!

Even someone around Albury/Wodonga??

Cheers,
Leroy

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Try Kent at Glenmount Automotive.

He may bag Grenade a little, he was with Vince at Coober PEdy when Vinces went off.. But hes a good spanner man.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that. I also have a recommendation for CW Engineering aka Top Torque Engines & Cylinder Heads in Nunawadding whom sounded fine on the phone when chatting to them. Has anyone used these guys?

Leroy

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm flabbergasted! I was expecting to be inundated with recommendations!! Are you guys just getting your 3.0l patrols towed to the wreckers? Surely you're not all getting engine conversions?

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,595 Posts
I don't see the issue here.
It's only a head.
ANY mechanic could do it. It's not rocket science.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't see the issue here.
It's only a head.
ANY mechanic could do it. It's not rocket science.
People try and take shortcuts and not remove the timing case cover then you more than likely end up with it leaking oil. I only had this fixed 12 months ago and it was supposed to only be a 2.5 day job that took 5! Only a head you say?

.....Leroy

P.S. I would prefer the Daily Planet option. Geeze imagine how many head jobs I could get for $3500 lol :D:D:D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought my 2004 3.0l diesel patrol new and serviced it at 5000km intervals and was noticed using water at 93,000km's

The engine was pulled down yesterday after being diagnosed with a cracked head (no 2 cylinder) and to top it off a slither of glow plug came off the glow plug tip and has been bouncing around the cylinder resulting in the no 2 piston incurring all these divits. (turbo damage also????)

End result? I'm looking at a full engine rebuild at a cost of approx $12000.

You buy a diesel engined vehicle for ecconomy, reliabliliy and longevity. The 3.0l fails all these attributes in my book.

I've been dealing through Nissan HO and they said they needed the head lifted before they would consider assistance. I obliged and now they said NO!! Now I have a vehicle stranded at the local Nissan dealer that I now can't drive.

Leroy

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
With a thread title like this ,how could i respond any different

Godfreys have vacuum cleaners on special

1 - 14 of 14 Posts