Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my truck today,i was letting it warm up for a bit went in side to grab something come back out and it had turned it self off.I thought what the? Jumped in tryed to restart it but it kept turning over and over but would not start.
So i bleed the fuel system,checked the injecter pump still pumping diesil thru the lines but i dont no how much should be coming out, next i checked the fuel filter its fine i only changed it three weeks ago,next i checked the relays and fuses there all good still no luck.
I realy need to get my truck back on the road due to my little boy being in hospital.
Any help or ideas would be great.

cheers damo

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
NATS security system fault, either the key transponder or something else. Is the check engine light flashing at you when cranking?

MAF sensor plugged in?

Fuel pump stop solenoid stuffed?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have you done any work on it lately engine wise???
Done the head about six months ago,been driving ever since

NATS security system fault, either the key transponder or something else. Is the check engine light flashing at you when cranking?

MAF sensor plugged in?

Fuel pump stop solenoid stuffed?
ill have to check the engine light in the morning
maf sensor is plugged in
where would the fuel pump solenoid hide benno?

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
you can check if the solenoid is faulty by removin the plunger and it will start if that is the cause however you will need to stall the engine to stop it... should only be done in emergancy... was the engine hunting???

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what do you mean by hunting mate? is the solenoid in the fuel tank?
sorry for all the q's

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
hunting is wen the rpm at idle decreases then increases suddenly, the solenoid is on the inj pump above the fuel lines and q's are good mate if you dont know all the info then your not as likely to get to the prob... it's a game of narrowing things down...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just checked and changed the fuel solenoid, was above the fuel lines around thing with like 21mm nut on it is that right? no luck same thing as before, checked the maf sensor again its fine,the engine light is not flashing.I dont no if the the engine was hunting cos when it stopped i was i side my house.
Im stuffed if i no thats wrong with it. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Damo I had a similar problem a while ago Nissan reckoned it was a stuffed injector pump, but it turned out to be a faulty sensor on the injector pump

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
do you no where on the pump bentaxle?

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
when you turn the key wat happens wat do u hear??? not sure bout the sensor maybe he was talking bout the control unit on top of the pump

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i can hear the glow plug relay going on and off, other then that just the same old things. Do you think the glow plugs could have **** them selfs?

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Could be, theres a connector you will find if you trace back from the plugs youll find it you can test for power there first if its there its at the plugs most likely anyway. Do you know the cranking voltage???

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
This sounds simular to the problem I am having, I can start the car only when the maf sensor is disconnected, put a recon sensor in on the weekend still same problem.
With maf sensor connected the car runs for 3 or 4 min before cutting out.
Haven't been able to locate problem yet.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tried disconnecting the maf sensor still no luck.
If my injector pump was stuffed would it still get diesil to the injectors? Cos im still getting diesil to thru the lines to the injectors.

Ive got no idea

cheers damo

·
Registered
nissan patrol
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well today i got some start ya #*#*#*# ,with a little spray it'll start but heaps and heaps of smoke but it doesn't smell like diesil smoke,it'll rev and idle but the smoke is so bad i cant see the back of truck.
When i turn it off than try to restart it and it'll just turn over and over again.
im thinking maybe injector pump? computer? fuel pressure?

cheers damo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts