Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7 weeks ago I placed an order for a Haynes workshop manual from Sagin in Australia.
They immediately deducted my credit card $75.00 for the manual and air freight...according to them the book was posted to me with no trace-ability on July 2nd.
I still haven't received it :-(
Are Sagin a reputable company to deal with? I have emailed them asking to send another manual using my Fedex collect account and I'll send the first one back to them should it ever surface...they don't respond to my mails now :-(

A similar thing happened with those people at Black Widow...my $3600 order was missing some parts that I need to install the overhead cargo shelf...so despite me telling them to courier the missing parts the cheap skates have also sent the package weighing less than 500gm by Australia post...another wait of god knows how long.

It's hard to make supplier recommendations to my friends around the world when the nickle and dime service is simply appalling.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,814 Posts
Ya play on ebay and ya takes ya chances ....

However, report through ebay, if the vendor has some history then ebay will make them come good or return your money (maybe)

·
Registered
nissan
97 Posts
If buying through ebay, always pay by PayPal. I've had a few sellers try to rip me off and I have always managed to either recover my money or eventually force them to send the goods. But even if you have paid by credit card without using PayPal, looking into doing a chargeback to recover your money.

I'm currently having an issue with a suspension supplier. The shocks arrived but two bushes from the rear upper mount were missing and the bushes are of a different size to the originals. I had purchased the shocks directly through their website and they did not email me an invoice or post it with the shocks. When I rang to ask them for the bushes they wanted an invoice number which of course I didn't have and they claim not to keep records of customers names. I'm waiting to hear back from them today but I also feel like I have bad luck buying online. There seems to be a real lack of customer service with some online stores.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
More research required. It's the trade off between quick and easy purchases and actually walking into a book shop. I've not bought anything from places that don't have an actual shop front somewhere and a stand alone website you can buy from. I suppose it makes the purchasing a little more time consuming but I've not been ripped of - yet !!!

Black widow? That sounds like plain old bad customer service. You can get that walking into a shop and handing over cash for a purchase.

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I've learn't my lesson when ordering anything from Australia that doesn't get sent by courier. It would appear that Australian Express Post gets diverted to a number of other places/countries before finally arriving in Dubai. It's at these other stop-offs that the good get mis-placed or lost?

Of the four items ordered from separate suppliers on Ebay Australia...only one has arrived after 7 weeks.
Barn Door extension hinge ordered by courier...arrived yesterday after 10 days :)
Nissan Patrol workshop manual....ordered 7 weeks ago and still no sign :-(
Two x flip-out ignition keys...ordered 3-4 weeks ago....:-(
Black Widow balance of my order....sent by Australia Post 2 weeks despite my insistence that they send by courier that fell on deaf ears :-( I'm even more annoyed with these people since I spent a fortune with them and just the same on air freight to get the stuff to Dubai :-(

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Dubai ??? I'd bet Aussie post do a much better job getting your goods to Dubai than you realise. What happens after that is any ones guess ! Once the plane lands with your mail from Australia there's dozens of things that can go wrong and some of them probably involve your mail ending up somewhere else.

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its hard to say where the goods are being misplaced...EMPOST is one of my biggest customers so we know how good they are once the goods arrive in the UAE.
I mate of mine who lives in Victoria has had the exact same problems as me when sending stuff to his wife's family who also live here.
What I've learnt is always use registered post or even better...use a courier who are accountable from door to door.

The two flip out keys arrived yesterday afternoon....by registered Post. Now I just need the workshop manual and the missing items from Black Widow. It's kinda strange that the two items sent by regular Australia Post are the two that are missing for the longest amount of time...coincidence or what?

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
fishpond.com.au

that's what i use for books...

·
Registered
243 Posts
subject

Its hard to say where the goods are being misplaced...EMPOST is one of my biggest customers so we know how good they are once the goods arrive in the UAE.
I mate of mine who lives in Victoria has had the exact same problems as me when sending stuff to his wife's family who also live here.
What I've learnt is always use registered post or even better...use a courier who are accountable from door to door.

The two flip out keys arrived yesterday afternoon....by registered Post. Now I just need the workshop manual and the missing items from Black Widow. It's kinda strange that the two items sent by regular Australia Post are the two that are missing for the longest amount of time...coincidence or what?

I have had similar experiences over here. I've been living here for almost 7 years now, always at the same address and I have never, ever received a postal article from OZ. I have a rather large family back there and in the early days they would write, or send packages, but when I advise them, via email, that nothing arrived here, we reverted to using couriers. I have no problems posting to, and receiving normal mail from the UK, USA and Canada, but the connection with home just does not work.

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Which brings me to another problem bgbazz.....it's hard accusing the supplier of negligence or foul practice when they're probably not the ones at fault.
I have been waiting 7-8 weeks for a my workshop manual from Sagin....but how can I hold them responsible for Australia Posts poor performance.
I wasn't given the option of recorded delivery when I ordered the thing so took them at their word and trusted the postal service.
That tight fisted chav at Black Widow sent my missing parts by Australia post despite me insisting that they send them by courier.
Thank god my vehicle build is nearly complete so I don't have to run the risks of dealing with the companies in Australia who have no idea about customer service or exporting goods outside the country!

·
Registered
243 Posts
subject

Yeah, I hear what you're saying mate. I had to haggle with my bank (Westpac) to get them to use a courier instead of sending my new debit card by post and I'm guessing that I will have to go through it again in October.

Hopefully your workshop manual turns up soon.

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can any one tell me what is 'TOLL PRIORITY GLOBAL'?

I asked Black Widow to resend my missing parts via Courier and today they said they would send via 'TOLL PRIORITY GLOBAL'.....is that better or the same as a courier?

At least they're doing something about it.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Can any one tell me what is 'TOLL PRIORITY GLOBAL'?

I asked Black Widow to resend my missing parts via Courier and today they said they would send via 'TOLL PRIORITY GLOBAL'.....is that better or the same as a courier?

At least they're doing something about it.
Hi streaky, Toll Priority are a big courrier and trucking company in Australia. I think they have been taken over by another international company or bought it themselves. We use them a lot for our work gear within Australia. They are reliable 'most of the time', but we have had some expensive gear go missing then turn up a month late.

No idea what their international record is like but the company sending you something by courrier should provide you with a tracking number. I always insist that I be given the tracking number and have on-line tracking of where my gear is. Even Australia Post have that service as well, if the sender gives you the tracking number.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts