Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone just need a detailed information regarding a conversation from ZD30 TO TD42 I have a 2002 Zd30 patrol wagon 344kms on clock I want to convert into TD42 so it is right decision or I sell this one and find out original TD42, and also please if any one knows good mechanic in Melbourne who do the conversation please also mention in message.

Thanks
Garry

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,566 Posts
If your current car is working fine then the cheapest and easiest way is to sell your current car and buy a new one that is fitted with a TD42 from the factory. Expect to pay about$10k more for it than you sell the ZD30 for.

My advice is to keep the ZD30 and spend some money on the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your current car is working fine then the cheapest and easiest way is to sell your current car and buy a new one that is fitted with a TD42 from the factory. Expect to pay about$10k more for it than you sell the ZD30 for.

My advice is to keep the ZD30 and spend some money on the engine.
Thanks Mate

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning everyone just need a detailed information regarding a conversation from ZD30 TO TD42 I have a 2002 Zd30 patrol wagon 344kms on clock I want to convert into TD42 so it is right decision or I sell this one and find out original TD42, and also please if any one knows good mechanic in Melbourne who do the conversation please also mention in message.

Thanks
Garry
I got mine converted .2002 wagon @390k, if you have owned the car since new it’s worth upgrading the motor, otherwise you might be buying someone else’s problems , also you will find your 4.3 diff will give high revs might need to factor that in on costs

·
Registered
1988 Maverick TD42,
264 Posts
What are you looking to get out of the car, how does a TD42 achieve this in your mind?

It's an expensive old engine and once fitted in stock form, requires an additional $5k (absolute minimum) to make enough power just to get up hills on the highway at a reasonable speed.

I've just finished the mods on my TD which included an 11mm UFI pump, 18g turbo, intercooler, clutch, and much more. all in I'm at about 13k and I did %80 of the work myself... It drives well now, but still thirsty and loud. If I was doing a engine swap, I would put in the 4JJ.

Something to think about

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been researching a 4.5 Cummins which are brilliant but expensive. A 4JJ1 is a lot more budget friendly and can still be tuned and tweaked to perform really well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts