Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was performing an under body check of my 2010 Patrol today and noticed some nice red oil sitting on the transfer case bolts. Is this normal? , There is also some oil on the little round thing on the last photo. The Oil looks like its coming from the bolts, 3 of them. Its not dripping down from anywhere.

Attachments

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,190 Posts
Nope that is not right, back to Nissan it goes for warranty.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,509 Posts
^^ x2 ^^ ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have you just had a service? It looks like clean oil. They may have spilled some oil refilling the transfer case. Give it a wipe, check all the bolts are tight, then see if it returns. If it does, take it back and get them to check it. There should be no oil outside of a gearbox or transfer case.

Rob

·
Registered
nissan
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its only done 2000k so no service yet. Only the fist check a month or so back with no faults found. I will give it a wipe and check the bolts and see how it goes.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
nissan
92 Posts
The round thing looks like your speedo transducer which has an oring which can leak. This more than likely the source and is running down and dripping off the bolts.

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
tyre kick service

Its only done 2000k so no service yet. Only the fist check a month or so back with no faults found. I will give it a wipe and check the bolts and see how it goes.
Thanks for the tip.
Hi Puck,
Just be aware that the first service after you buy a new car is a tyre Kick. That is they put the car on the hoist, lift it up and put it down, walk around the car and Wollllaaaa.
I agree with the others, go back to Nissan, it should not leak oil anyware... full stop!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts