Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put the icom 400 pro in the GU dash? Can you post a pic please?

Looks like plenty of room if I ditch the standard cd player and put a smaller unit in along with the icom 400.

Cheers

Paddy

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2.8td gu st
249 Posts
its piece of piss buddy and was the 1st uhf ive ever put in and looks great make sure you get the bracket it cost more but its a must and attached to my jvc cd player cradle... i find posting pictures on here harder than installing the icom pro 400 lol i still cant and have given up

·
Registered
249 Posts
[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k607/camproad/gu/SANY09421.jpg[/IMG]

:headwall:yhttp://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k607/camproad/gu/SANY09421.jpgou can bring it up flush with the dash but i left a gap for ventilation:headwall::headwall:

·
Registered
249 Posts
its piece of piss buddy and was the 1st uhf ive ever put in and looks great make sure you get the bracket it cost more but its a must and attached to my jvc cd player cradle... i find posting pictures on here harder than installing the icom pro 400 lol i still cant and have given up
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k607/camproad/gu/SANY09421.jpg
**** finally posted a pic and you can bring the uhf up flush with the dash but i left a gap for ventilation

·
Registered
nissan GUIV
38 Posts
That photo looks like a carbon copy of mine.
Even the mike hook is in the same place.

I have a Pioneer sound system above the Icom.
It all fits just beautifully in the available space.

·
Registered
nissan
74 Posts
I have recently installed the Icom IC-440, current model Patrol with the upgraded sound system, thought I was going to get the CD/Radio, and do what you are going to do.

The new double din system is I think too good to take out, I did not want to drill or cut a new vehicle, no where could I find to effect a clean install. With the IC-440, I installed the "box" up under the dash on passenger side, ran the mic cable inside the centre console to the end where the rear passenger ashtray is, and now when I want to use it, take out the mic from bottom of centre console, remove the ashtray and plug it in. The cable come up over the centre console, does not foul the gear levers or get in the way.

When not in use, and stowed, except for the aerial on the b/bar, you would not know there was HF!:) I would post a pic, but there is nothing to see:p

Oh, and guys who have in dash radios, say it sounds better than thiers.....

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
Camp, once your image is hosted online your nearly there mate.

Right click on the image in the hosting program and select "copy Image"

Then go to the thread that you want to post in and in the reply box and click "go advanced"

Then choose the little icon at the top of the box that looks like a mountain range and horizon and paste the image address.

BOB is your Aunty mate>>>>>>>Done! Took me 6 months to figure that out! Fark it!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Can't do a photo of a Icom but a GME TX4400 is a neat fit & has a good reputation if you are looking at what else is available

Regards Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts