1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
963 Posts
it would want to be alot better than the BETA release i was testing......shocking.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Just updated to the final version and it's a lot better than the beta. Will have to see if the BSD happens this time around (I think they fixed the acceleration issue that was causing this problem).

My Adobe PDF add-on works, but you still can't force all toolbars onto the same line.

Cheers

Ray

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
Been using it since it came out, not one issue, running on E8400 3 ghz processor, 4gb ram, 64 bit Win7 untimate, where as, Google Chrome, apart from the built-in spell check , I find it is a PIA, fast but if you're going to compete/take over from the biggest installed base you would at least emulate the user interface, to make it more user friendly. I find that the favourites is a PIA as when they are imported from IE they are all over the place, and you take hours resorting to get how you had it.

Just my view. I have spent hours getting
chrome how I like it, and seem to drop back to IE all the time, because everything is where I expect it to be.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I hate chrome too, but IE keeps locking up on me...

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Firefox is ideal for my needs, so I see no point in moving back to IE.
Extensibility FTW!

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just updated to the final version and it's a lot better than the beta. Will have to see if the BSD happens this time around (I think they fixed the acceleration issue that was causing this problem).

My Adobe PDF add-on works, but you still can't force all toolbars onto the same line.

Cheers

Ray
drive by wire?

my only issue with IE is recent update has caused all the "videos" on The Age site to crash that tab of IE.. reinstalled java, and all the players etc..

never liked Firefox or Chrome.

I'll try 9 on a spare machine here

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
drive by wire?

my only issue with IE is recent update has caused all the "videos" on The Age site to crash that tab of IE.. reinstalled java, and all the players etc..

never liked Firefox or Chrome.

I'll try 9 on a spare machine here
I'm still having issues with The Age site as well (same with IE8, so I think it's something to do with The Age site coding - their idea of chucking ads for viewers); I can't view any of the Drive pages without an error. I just have to use Firefox if I want to view those pages. Everything else seems to be working fine so far with IE9.

There must be a bunch of tricks also available with IE9, like double clicking on a blank part of the tab bar to open a new blank tab. Overall, it seems pretty slick and if it remains stable, a worthwhile upgrade.

Cheers

Ray

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
I dumped firefox the other day, for browsing various adult sites its basically a trawler for viruses.

IE8 is actually the ducks guts for me, though the 64bit version has **** support from Adobe.

I will give IE9 a crack.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
indeed i am, 7 ultimate, quad core,4g ram,1.5tb storage good graphics ect ect

i seem to have alot of issues with anything to do with flash,iv tried everything,uninstalling,installing.. its ok. im used to it now.

i think because i run it 1080p it doesnt like it, i have yet to try a different resolution but i will give it a try soon,just havent gotten around to it yet :)

oh,i should probably add,it does it in crome as well so its not ie's fault, there is a little man running around my pc with a screwdriver adjusting things i dont want him to :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,227 Posts
IE is always a resource hog, I'll stick with firefox so I don't have to upgrade my computer every 6 months just to browse the net. Not even gonna try IE9 on my netbook, probably kill it.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bamr33 said:
IE is always a resource hog, I'll stick with firefox so I don't have to upgrade my computer every 6 months just to browse the net. Not even gonna try IE9 on my netbook, probably kill it.
Thats probably fair if your running a 286sx with 8meg of ram..

With 2 gig of ram worth about as much as a Happy Meal these days the old memory hog argument isnt really valid anymore is it? Doesnt everyone run 2-8gig now?

sittin here with 4x IE8 windows open, and 2-4 tabs per window, MSN and a game runnin, im using <800meg of ram. Yea, FF may use less but its no longer an issue compared to 4-5yrs ago.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,227 Posts
Only got 1gig ram on my netbook, just like to make it run as efficiently as possible firefox does the job with no fuss. Don't see the point of taking up ram unnecessarily. Same with operating systems, my netbook came with 7 starter and it's a pos, I've partitioned a seperate section and primarily run xp because its faster and less of a hog.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts