Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friend
In 2009 The Nationals led the charge against the proposed Emissions Trading Scheme. At the time only 7 per cent of people supported us.
With your help we convinced our Coalition partners, the Australian people and eventually even Julia Gillard herself to ditch a plan to impose a big, new tax as a way of cooling the planet.
Now, despite telling the Australian people five days before the last election that “There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead”, Julia Gillard is telling Australians that we really do need one.
So now we have to fight the carbon tax fight again. I have no doubt that with the support of the millions that helped last time, we can stop another Labor tax - again.
We will win because you can’t cool the planet from a room in Canberra.

We will win because if taxes cooled the planet, the place would already be an icebox.

We will win because people are already paying over 40% more for their electricity since Kevin Rudd was elected in 2007. People don’t need another excuse to turn down the heating.

We will win because we have a choice between cheap power and cheap wages. If we end up with dear power and dear wages we will have no jobs.
We will win because a carbon tax would especially hurt those that live outside our capital cities, who rely on affordable transport to keep the cost of living down.

We will win because the Australian people don’t like being misled, particularly by their Prime Minister.
Julia Gillard sits in the same office as Curtin, Chifley, Menzies and Whitlam. All of these Prime Ministers had their faults, but none deceived the Australian people in the way that Julia Gillard has.
The only way that the Australian people can stop this from happening again is to send a loud and clear message to Canberra that they will not tolerate such deception.
Today I spoke at the “no carbon tax rally” in Canberra where thousands did exactly that.

I realise that many Australians could not make it to Canberra but there are many other ways that you can help.
We are ready to fight against a government whose every solution to every problem is a new tax.
Barnaby Joyce
Leader of The Nationals in the Senate
Join the fight against Labor’s carbon tax:

·
Registered
Nissan
2,992 Posts
So... Has julia turned off the aircon in parliament house or the lodge yet?? She is the worst thing to happen to this country since whitlam

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,258 Posts
So... Has julia turned off the aircon in parliament house or the lodge yet?? She is the worst thing to happen to this country since whitlam

Didn't little johnny (howard) say he'd NEVER introduce a GST..........but he did.

Whitlam made our country a fairer society. little johnny also tried to introduce the worst piece of IR legislation that this country has ever seen, mistakenly thought getting in was a mandate for EVERYTHING he'd wanted t enact since Fraser was PM (lie number 2 for him), and then he RIGHTFULLY got well and truly kicked and didn't even keep his seat! And by the way, the last prime minister that got kicked out of his own seat, got kicked for a piece of IR legislation!!

Like I've said before the carbon tax isn't cool (to me), but taxes provide a society. Cutting taxes is an American, small govt paranoia trip. I agree that govt bureaucracies need to be trimmed (I work in one as coal face worker), but cutting taxes will only erode the services we have and will see infrastructure fail and not be maintained.

We live in a society, not just an economy.

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,258 Posts
Dear friend

We will win because people are already paying over 40% more for their electricity since Kevin Rudd was elected in 2007. People don’t need another excuse to turn down the heating.

[/B]
We pay 40% more for electricity because ALL parties have a hard on for privatising EVERYTHING that isn't nailed down DESPITE THE FACT that overseas experience for selling off govt owned monopolies is BAD!!!

Joyce and his free market loving mates are as responsible as the ALP because they would have sold them too, but to their mates!!

·
Registered
Nissan
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the government in power that is the enemy bigblumav, not the non-existant from the past, and while people keep harping on about the wrongs of yesterday Brown Gillard will just keep on un-deterred.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Didn't little johnny (howard) say he'd NEVER introduce a GST..........but he did.
Another Leftist lie. John Howard went to an election telling Australia that if he won, he would introduce a GST. Funny how the story always gets told about the election prior to that.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
Nissan
2,992 Posts

Whitlam made our country a fairer society. little johnny also tried to introduce the worst piece of IR legislation that this country has ever seen, mistakenly thought getting in was a mandate for EVERYTHING he'd wanted t enact since Fraser was PM (lie number 2 for him), and then he RIGHTFULLY got well and truly kicked and didn't even keep his seat! And by the way, the last prime minister that got kicked out of his own seat, got kicked for a piece of IR legislation!!

Like I've said before the carbon tax isn't cool (to me), but taxes provide a society. Cutting taxes is an American, small govt paranoia trip. I agree that govt bureaucracies need to be trimmed (I work in one as coal face worker), but cutting taxes will only erode the services we have and will see infrastructure fail and not be maintained.

We live in a society, not just an economy.
Gouge Whitlam destroyed the Australian economy for 20 years, it was only truly back on track in 2007 when Rudd got in. Yes some of the reforms he brought in help out socially, but sometimes the cost isn't worth the benefit, in the past doctors accepted payment regarding what people could afford or even payment over time. Medicare F**ked that concept.

Regarding the IR laws, they would have worked well in any situation where people actually did their jobs, the only people they hurt were the morons who sit around and do F ALL. Why would get fired for doing your job?? Simple - you wouldn't!

Every time the ALP get in to power all they do is spend spend spend, and then all of a sudden they get to the point where oh **** we have run out of money, I know!!!! Taxes!!!! Now what is something we can tax that won't change ummm lets start with pre mixed alcohol, hmmm that wasn't enuff let's try... Ummm... Cigarettes, hmmm still not enough, oh I know - pollution!!! None of this will change practices, the only thing it will do is take money directly out of the pockets of everyday Australians.

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
I don't like talking about what I know nothing about it makes me look stupid and I don't need that because I am not, not really, but i can tell you about my experiences.

I grew up in the UK with a Tory party in power for 18 years, I saw the way my father had to work two jobs while Labour were in power and then almost loose his main one through strikes, I wouldn't say we were poor but not flash with money. Then the Tories got in and we had a war and things started to improve to the point that when it was time to get my own place I was able to with relative comfort, even with two young kids and one income.

Then came labour......by the time Tony Blair was at his end I was working 7 days a week, sometimes 12 hour shifts just to pay the mortgage and bill, I was driving 500 pound cars and sometimes walking to work.

They signed the Kyoto agreement, introduced carbon tax and signed a human rights act that made it impossible for Sherrie Blair to be prosecuted for receiving illigal gifts and payments.

We had an increase of 300% on utility bills in 18 months, the country go into debt to the tune of 54 billion in one year and continue to borrow, people who had worked and payed into a pension for 40 years have them collapse and get payed nothing (thats nothing not just peanuts) lies to the world that put soldiers in other countries to die for no good reason, European borders open to allow everyone who wanted to come to the UK to work and rape a national health system to the point of collaps, people lying in their own **** for hours before it was cleaned, hospital super bugs that kill more than wars.

So I got out, booked my flights to here, then Labour get in.

·
Registered
Nissan
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK I think we just found the culprit, Scrawni you are going to have to leave and take this mess with you it must have been hiding away in your boogey board bag when you came in...

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
OK I think we just found the culprit, Scrawni you are going to have to leave and take this mess with you it must have been hiding away in your boogey board bag when you came in...
I'll get me coat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts