Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
How often do you need to replace ignition leads as a part of regular maintenance?
I mean regardless of whether they are good or not.
When I say they are good, I meant that they show good readings with a multimeter resisance(ohm) test, as well as wiggling test(bending the wire while testing).
I've been told some issues with ignition leads may only show while high voltage current passes through it during ignition.

My vehicle is GQ Patrol RB30 on carby, dual fuel

·
Registered
Nissan
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They last a fair while if you got decent sets. Unless your having issues or they really do seem old as fark. They be right id say
The set I have are genuine type Bosch ones. Replaced some three or more years ago.
Readings are fine. I've been through three sets of plugs during this time.
Other than cyliner 2 plug is showing around 5000 ohm, the rest of them are all under 3000 ohm. They passed the "wiggle and jiggle" test as well(no breakages as far as I could see from the multimeter)
I'm thinking putting in LPG specific leads this time.(GQ RB30)

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
Your getting 40,000km from a set of plugs? Mine start breaking down after 6,000-7,000km.
hey get some brisk brand plugs,mine have been in for 2 yrs so far- about 50k km :) same with the max300 leads

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
How much are they and how does one gap them.
Spudtruck would have the most accurate price but mine were around $100 posted from the UK.no gapping required.they are a silver electrode.silver is the best conductor when it comes to spark plugs

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
no problem on mine at 5g and 12lb.i do have the e type coil and second strike box.what lb you running

·
Registered
Nissan
5,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your getting 40,000km from a set of plugs? Mine start breaking down after 6,000-7,000km.
That can't be a good thing. May be plugs are too hot for your ignition set up?
Try slightly colder plugs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts