Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This misses was looking through the paper today and saw that there's a pre christmas caravan and camping sale at the RNA this week -end with specials , I say to her yeah so what , she goes why don't you go buy a camper trailer then , so looks like i'm buying a camper trailer - Woohoo no more tents or borrowing my brothers camper :bananaro:

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
yea now the 4 mths of research on what model you actually want, then the disappointment of what you can afford compared to what you want :)

Good luck :):):)

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,799 Posts
Thats lucky ... I love a camper trailer its a dream item and a real luxury peace of equipment.

·
Banned
nissan patrol
178 Posts
yea now the 4 mths of research on what model you actually want, then the disappointment of what you can afford compared to what you want :)

Good luck :):):)
go take some happy pils truckster

go for it and have a ball in your trailer my tip look for some thing simple with the basics like a water tank with a hand pump, good ground clearance and not over the top in the weight ( as light as practicably possible) and has matching wheel studs with your vehicle so you will be able to run the trailer tyres as spares on your vehicle if the need ever arose

and you are a lucky bugger :D

·
Banned
nissan patrol
178 Posts
if was65 and I have anything in common he's probably be doing his research and looking for months and wishing his misses would say ok go buy one, if not time to cram and screw the manufacturers for a show special and ask if the deal will still be good for a coulpe of weeks. happy shopping was65

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
This misses was looking through the paper today and saw that there's a pre christmas caravan and camping sale at the RNA this week -end with specials , I say to her yeah so what , she goes why don't you go buy a camper trailer then , so looks like i'm buying a camper trailer - Woohoo no more tents or borrowing my brothers camper :bananaro:
Be careful mate, she might be trying to move you out of the house! ;)

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
Toyeatre said:
Ever the cynic...
**** I did it myself many times over the years expecting to get what I wanted for 10k, to find out what I wanted was close to 30k.

Theres threads with that EXACT thing happening in it in the camper trailer forum regularly.

People have their wishlist go out shopping to find out what they want isnt in coo-ee of their budget. Some trailers are over 40k. Then you go offroad caravans 100k+

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
if was65 and I have anything in common he's probably be doing his research and looking for months and wishing his misses would say ok go buy one, if not time to cram and screw the manufacturers for a show special and ask if the deal will still be good for a coulpe of weeks. happy shopping was65
yep , it's was just a coincidence that the paper happened to be open on that page when she woke up ;)
She's given me 10k to buy a camper

·
Registered
nissan
204 Posts
I have a Camel Camper and it has been around Australia twice plus a couple up the centre. Great bit of kit. I got the big tent with annex and walls which gives a huge amount of room. The only advice i can give is get the trailer with the walkway at the end of the bed, at least then you wont have to climb over someone to get out of the bed in the middle of the night.

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
...she goes why don't you go buy a camper trailer then , so looks like i'm buying a camper trailer
Been thinking about this all morning.. it doesnt add up.. wives dont say go and spend money like this.
Have you checked the car for damage or similar? Maybe shes buttering you up to slowly let you know she dinted it... :lol: :lol:

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Been thinking about this all morning.. it doesnt add up.. wives dont say go and spend money like this.
Have you checked the car for damage or similar? Maybe shes buttering you up to slowly let you know she dinted it... :lol: :lol:
Bwhahaha nope no damage , been showing her the pics of son and me at forum trip nonstop of our camp and all the other members camper trailers so i must of worn her down - BTW she's got her own car , don't drive mine :)

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,009 Posts
I know the feeling, i joked to the missus that we should go, expecting to get laughed at... looks like a roof top tent for the bike trailer is on the cards..... Aren't us men trained to fight for these things? kinda suspicious when it happens so easily :D

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,771 Posts
Bwhahaha nope no damage , been showing her the pics of son and me at forum trip nonstop of our camp and all the other members camper trailers so i must of worn her down - BTW she's got her own car , don't drive mine :)
I was suprised by how many of us had camper trailers at the meetup.
Makes life easier thats for sure. :D

·
Banned
nissan patrol
178 Posts
you just got to get her out on a trip with out one of your own and if some one else has one let her see how much easier they are then a old school tent

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.