Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the family are sitting at the 1770 camp grounds over looking the beach for the next 5 days relaxing ,fishing and drinking rums :) ,it's a hard job but someones got to do it ,will post pics to rub it in when I get home:(

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
You are a lucky bastard. Watch out for those Rums tho.'

My fat stupid Bro-in-law bought a case of Old Kedge and we drank it all (over a reasonable time) at Knobby's Beach (Newcastle)...It's a couple of weeks that that I don't remember very well...it was fun though (I think.)

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
Damn, wish I was there, have caught some good Flathead (up to 72cm) upriver from the council van park on pumpkin seed colour soft plastic shrimp.

Damn, damn.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
Found this from an earlier trip there. Can't find the later flathead photo though!

Attachments

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Love it there. Just watch for sandflies if you venture up the north side! And be wary of stonefish, we saw a few up at Eurimbula.

We saw no sandflies on the south side (in Deepwater NP). We haven't been down to Rules but Wreck Rock is good for kids to paddle and explore, and Flat Rock is just a beautiful place to relax at low tide.

Keep any eye out for the LARCs coming back down the beach in the afternoon, they sometimes jump them off the sandbar into the channel if conditions are right. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Its great there my in-laws have a holiday house in Agnes so the missus and me go nearly once every 2 months. pull the boat out of the garage and go crabbing and fishing while the missus sits on the verandah and relaxes. Great spot for a nice relaxing holiday.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,634 Posts
We have been camping at Middle creek for over 10 years now. Things have changed a bit but it is still an awesome place to be. The sunsets over the water are pretty cool.
The tracks to Turkey Beach from Eurimbula can be fun. Don't do them in the wet unless you are very good at recoverys.
Im up there for the Easter long weekend so leave some fish for me. :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have heard that they are good tracks but never had anyone to show me the way. I dont mind the Camp spots and Bustard heads.
We are in aAgnes for the Easter Weekend too.

We have been camping at Middle creek for over 10 years now. Things have changed a bit but it is still an awesome place to be. The sunsets over the water are pretty cool.
The tracks to Turkey Beach from Eurimbula can be fun. Don't do them in the wet unless you are very good at recoverys.
Im up there for the Easter long weekend so leave some fish for me. :)

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
The easiest way to find your way from Turkey Beach to Eurimbla is to go in from Turkey Beach end first time round. Turkey beach road, turn right about 5km before Turkey beach, where a single strand (well it was last time I was down there) powerline crosses the main road (S24 07.056 E151 37.975). You go up a little bit to a gate, then follow the powerline for about 10km, cross Worthington Creek, before veering right where the powerline does a prominant left hand turn (S24 07.616 E151 42.143). There should be a blue spray painted circle with a dot in the middle on a powerpole at that turn off. Then follow the main track through to Eurimbla. You will join the Middle Creek track at (S24 10.342 E151 46.361) As already mentioned, this track can get very gooey. Grey clay that can be bottomless in parts. Certainly not advisable alone in the wet. Note also these tracks ARE gazetted roads, they actually do have names, but please dont wander off track.

Note the GPS coordinates above are in Degrees, Minutes and decimals of a minute, and not Degrees/Minutes/Seconds. You will have to change your GPS to suit.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,634 Posts
I have heard that they are good tracks but never had anyone to show me the way. I dont mind the Camp spots and Bustard heads.
We are in aAgnes for the Easter Weekend too.
Feel free to drop in and say hello if you go for a drive to Middle creek. We will be as far as possible towards the end of the campground. The Patrol4X4 sticker will give us away. ;)

The track/s to Turkey beach turn off the track to Middle creek. The track splits up a few km in. Left hand tracks are harder than right hand tracks.
Bustard beach camp ground is also a top spot.

Bring lots of Bushman repellant. The other stuff is useless.

·
Banned
616 Posts
The Flat head are nuts on that sand bar just off the caravan park. Pulled in 7 in like 30 minuites.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Mate will do i will pack a 6pack wife and a fishing rod and head on down for a chat be good to meet a few fellow Patrolians from this forum.

Feel free to drop in and say hello if you go for a drive to Middle creek. We will be as far as possible towards the end of the campground. The Patrol4X4 sticker will give us away. ;)

The track/s to Turkey beach turn off the track to Middle creek. The track splits up a few km in. Left hand tracks are harder than right hand tracks.
Bustard beach camp ground is also a top spot.

Bring lots of Bushman repellant. The other stuff is useless.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's some pics of the locals at 1770 in a tree at our camp site being hand fed:

Here's our camp site :

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is the view we woke up to every morning :

My Patrol :

The Tally for the week was : 10 Big Mudcrabs , 4 Mangrove Jacks , 5 nice big flathead and 2 shovel nose sharks

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice pics.
Where did you catch the jacks?
We went up the creek past the marina where the Larc's and the boatramp is, around the first bend until we came to a creek on the left hand side the went up that one , just near the mouth is another little creek so we anchored near that and bingo , we took the little tinny in front of the shark cat one of the photo's up with us , here's a link on google to the creek I'm trying to explain
Google Maps

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
This is the view we woke up to every morning :

My Patrol :

The Tally for the week was : 10 Big Mudcrabs , 4 Mangrove Jacks , 5 nice big flathead and 2 shovel nose sharks
Must have been a bit wobbly sleeping ontop of three stacks of trees! :eek:

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Must have been a bit wobbly sleeping ontop of three stacks of trees! :eek:
The amounts of alcohol that we consumed we were a bit wobbly most mornings without sleeping on top of trees

1 - 20 of 22 Posts