Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day,
Im having problems with my patrol searching for gas and would like to overhaul my impco convertor. Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere to get a kit?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I`ve heard the gasket kits are expensive, and for a little bit more you can buy a new convertor. That was a couple of years ago though, just shop around and go to a couple of gas places. Anyway i suppose, the convertor is either leaking gas or it isnt? So if it isnt, does it really need to be changed or overhauled?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not leaking gas, theres a little more to a convertor than 'leaking or not'. Ive obviouslly got regulation problems which can be caused by a convertor being blocked, dirty etc

·
The Act of Faith
nissan patrol
2,650 Posts
Then pull apart the mixer and the converter and clean it yourself, i take it is a 300a setup?

You'll need an impact screwdriver to remove the screws on the converter, and a toothbrush. It would be good practice to scrub the mixer and carby with carby cleaner too

·
Registered
nissan
73 Posts
I had the the same problems on my GQ.
But like Ethan has Mentoined if its not leaking give it a Clean Probally full of a wax type product
and youll see the differance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts