Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Canadians,

I'm a BC native living in El Salvador and I don't believe I had ever seen a Patrol before moving here! I think they're kickass and I'm looking at buying a Y60 down here to eventually drive back to Canada. Who here has brought one in from overseas (or down south)? How hard was it? I know a Y60 would be older that 15yrs, but what other requirements were there? I've emailed the Gov't and I'm awaiting a reply...

Cheers,

cl

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still about 18 months away from being able to come back to Canada, so I've got loads of time, but I don't want to drive all the way then get an ugly surprise at the border. From what I've read, older vehicles (15+ yrs) are pretty much exempt from restrictions, but the gov't says to 'contact them' rather than give specifics.

Are there any aircare restrictions? Do I need to get daytime running lights set up? Will I need to determine place of manufacture and obtain any documentation proving it meets safety specs? Or will they know if it is ok by make/model/year?

Basically, is the onus on me to prove it's roadworthy or on them to prove it's not?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts