Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls. i have looked on the net for my problem but cant seem to find what im looking for so i was hoping someone could help me out

i have a 1 year old boy and he normally goes to bed fine, he rubs his eyes,i get a warm bottle and put him in his cot with it and he drinks it all and passes out without making a peep.

but a couple of days ago he started acting different,i would put him to bed and when i would give him his bottle he would get upset and throw it away and if i try to put it in his mouth he gets more upset. if i leave him in the cot crying he throws the bottle out of the cot and wont go to sleep. i have to go in there,lay him back down and pat his hair and sing twinkle twinkle to him for like 20mins LOL

i thought maybe he didnt like the milk anymore so i put some milo in it to make it taste better for him, it seemed to work,but once i put him into bed with it he would act the same.

he also went from drinking 3-5 bottles a day to 1-2. is this normal?

the main problem is that he wont go to sleep properly anymore because he usually drinks himself to sleep and now he wont.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, yeah i had the same thought,i think he might be getting a couple more teethy's on the bottom. is that why he might not want the bottle?? maybe a cooler bottle instaid of warm...... maybe some bonjella also..ill give it a try tonight

cheers landy, tell the missus thanks aswell :)

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
x2 for teething...it plays havoc with kiddies several times through their infantcy.

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Mind you - in this day and age if all the ole wives tales don't work then i'd get him to the quack...can't be too careful.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks heaps guys,its so obvious now :) missus just emailed me and said she found him chewing on his toy in bed this morning. i guess when your running around trying to look after him you dont see the small things. chewing on things, red cheeks sometimes, less bottles, more poo's. ah i remember teething :)

hahah thanks again guys, im sure all will be well tonight

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
poor oilrig, y cant it be as easy as a oil change, glow plug replacement, busted window regulator or a cab chop! Good to hear u figured out whats keeping him up

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
a good way to see if they are teething is .....
-check for unusual nappy rash/flushed facial cheeks
-get ya finger and rub his/her gums if it placates them, then their gums are giving them the sheits

one vote again for teething mate

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Did you shave your beard off? lol My old man did this when I was a lil tacker and fawk me he was scary lookin!!

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
I feel for ya mate going through teething at the moment (not me the baby) and it sux's, it must hurt the poor little buggers.Only difference we have is he likes the bottle in bed and when his finshed he chewes on the bottle.Bonjella is a great thing.

·
Registered
nissan
1,730 Posts
You try going to sleep with a bottle instead of titty...hardly blame the poor lad lol (yes I realise this doesn't help :)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you shave your beard off? lol My old man did this when I was a lil tacker and fawk me he was scary lookin!!
haahah well i did shave a bit off but it wasnt really anything anyway,more like pubic hair glued to my face :)

yeah hes deffinatly teething,chewing on toys and things like that... bit my finger with his sharp little teeth!!!!! bloody hurt :)

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
Oilrig, didn't your mother teach you to Not put your fingers in things, kids mouths are 1, cant mention the other one, MRS will hit me, but they have teeth too, LMAO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts