Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of perseverance, bad accidents, getting so close last year to be robbed by a prang, and just plain hard work, Will Power finally did it, Indy Champ, I don't follow it closely but it's always good to see an Australian taking on the mighty powers (pun intended) of the world and making it to the top.

Well done Will may there be many more to reward you for the hard work, he's a local boy from Toowoomba as well.

·
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty
nissan
6,172 Posts
Yep, pleased as punch for him. Although most forms of motor racing interest me, I can't say I'm an avid follower of the Indy guys.
Just as an aside, how is Ambrose going in NasCar, watch a little most mornings and note that when racing, he seems to circulate around the 20-29th position. Other than that there seems little mentioned about him.

Cheers.....Lionel.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He doesn't seem to hold a great affinity for the ovals, although he is highly respected over there, I found that out when I was working in the US and went to see a few races. When NASCAR moves to the few circuits that have LH and RH he comes into his own, he has won a couple on the oval though, he's ranked 18th there. He finished second at Watkins Glenn recently after having a share of the lead during the race.

DeWalt have stuck by him.

I have great admiration for him as he always likes to move out of his comfort zone to see what happens.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
I understand the strategic planning and all of the oval track races but as a spectator is mind numbing to watch. I love motor sport and have spent many weekend glued to the TV but I just can't watch indy and nascar, I always fall asleep.
What is so fascinating for you that you can watch a whole race?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand the strategic planning and all of the oval track races but as a spectator is mind numbing to watch. I love motor sport and have spent many weekend glued to the TV but I just can't watch indy and nascar, I always fall asleep.
What is so fascinating for you that you can watch a whole race?
I'm not a fan either but when I was working over there (very close to Indianapolis) I went to a few NASCAR events at the circuit (hey when in Rome), you didn't have enough room to scratch yourself, BUMS on seats, and they had them, not a spare seat for the length of the track.

Several weeks after the last one I went to was a round of the MotoGP and there was hardly a sole there, got prime seats on the S's, it was a great day with lots of freedom to move around even in the pits..... Mid West Americans just don't think like we do with regards to motor sport, to them NASCAR is King.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts