Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the Patrol in for a stage 1 at Motsons the other day and it has made a definite improvement and don't get me wrong I am happy with the results. I am just wondering about the dyno readout it actually seems a bit high as I have seen stage 2 (turbo replacement) readouts very similar to this. I don't really care what the power number is as 130hp is nothing to jump up and down about but I know these graphs can be manipulated if you want to. Seems strange?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
305 Posts
I had a stage 2 from Motsons, they tuned it to 130hp and said it was at its max. I then took it AMMS and put it on there dyno and it read 116hp. 14 hp less than Motsons.

The guys at AMMS got it to 143hp (157hp on Motsons) after a few minutes, and the egts are lower and uses less fuel.

At the end of the day most dynos will read different but i dont know if that much difference is normal, maybe someone more experianced with dyno's can help.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No they don't put a bleed on it but it is now getting up to about 11psi from about 9 previous. Not sure about fuel usage yet.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
I have the factory Nissan software for my Y62 were I do all my tuning. In fact it does all of the Nissan range as it have interface 2 and 3 on wireless connector and version 2 and 3 software. I able to keep mine tip top by doing most of the adjustments on the P.C.

Also if you do have this software it’s also important to do full engine oil, fuel filters and air filters change prior to using it. I also clean the MAF yawn yawn I know I know. I do weekly reset and have never had a fault code to date. I had an issue last week were I was down on power. It turned out I had put the air filter in upside down (rubber seal up is the correct way dooh!). Also found that after 1000K of shutting of the EGR you need to reset the boost lever again. I was out by 5 psi and making that new adjustment she is running like a dream. So after 6000k on the CRD with EGR shut in no fault codes no issues.

I do a stock engine graph for you so you can see stock read out. However with this version I am not able to ajust the bars so what you see is what you get!

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
305 Posts
Motsons usually do a conservative tune, but i was getting high egt's.

With the new tune and bost up to 15psi it runs heaps cooler.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
oilrig6 said:
I have the factory Nissan software for my Y62 were I do all my tuning. In fact it does all of the Nissan range as it have interface 2 and 3 on wireless connector and version 2 and 3 software. I able to keep mine tip top by doing most of the adjustments on the PC!
DOes it only do the Y62 patrol, or all patrols (you say all nissans, do you mean only all new nissans?)

So do you have this available on CD for all??

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
DOes it only do the Y62 patrol, or all patrols (you say all nissans, do you mean only all new nissans?)

It does every Nissan that ever left the factory from day1. If Jesus came to earth in BC and drove a Nissan it be on here. It’s up to 2011 March updated with the new Patrol Royale ECU software and sentra etc. There is nothing this software will not do.

I got mine under technical reasons due to remote locations of work. You can only get it with the tough book and pre installed. I not able to make copies or do anything other then my own personnel repairs. The software will only work with the serial number of the computer and windows serial number and its all downloaded/ updated so its well locked down.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts

sorry it reposted for some reason !

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,797 Posts
Whole load on CDR patrols on a boat heading your way hand, ya in for it now......lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts