Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Patrol CRD 2008
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow ZD30s,
Ended up doing an injector leak back test on the weekend and below is the result.
I wonder whether it's time for a new set. Test carried out over 3 minutes.
Any advice guys would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,252 Posts
@Lejackall
I saved this post a couple of months back as I consider it good info.
Check out the PDF attached and requirement is as OP stated:

PDF Translation:
The maximum permissible return volume is 3 times as large as the lowest measured
Return volume.

I have not performed the test myself but mine were checked by SME same time as my 08CRD fuel pump was replaced(leaking) 12 months ago. Injector were all within spec (160,000ks_original injectors). Starts straight away always.

Yes, this is the kit I am also using.

I do have a Bosch Document (regrettably only in German language that says the following) where is is described how to do the Test (see attached).

The amount of Diesel that comes out of the return line should be as follow: The difference between the Injector with the lowest amount of reflow to the Injector with the highest amount of reflow should be maximum three times higher.

See page 5 on the attached document where the reccommendation is to replace (repair) Injector 1, The longer you let the engine run, the better you can see the difference. 2 Minutes are enough to see how the injectors bring back Diesel.

Diesel should always come back in drops and should never "flow" out of the return line.

My tip to see good results is as follow: Start the engine, let the return lines fill with Diesel (empty the small bins so that there is no Diesel in it), and then start the test run for about 2 Minutes.

·
Registered
Patrol CRD 2008
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Lejackall
I saved this post a couple of months back as I consider it good info.
Check out the PDF attached and requirement is as OP stated:

PDF Translation:
The maximum permissible return volume is 3 times as large as the lowest measured
Return volume.

I have not performed the test myself but mine were checked by SME same time as my 08CRD fuel pump was replaced(leaking) 12 months ago. Injector were all within spec (160,000ks_original injectors). Starts straight away always.
Any chance we can get a copy of the PDF you are referring to please.

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,252 Posts
Any chance we can get a copy of the PDF you are referring to please.
Click on the Overlander_AUT link in post#2 above. Link will take U to the thread and PDF will be available.

Note: the PDF is in German, I used google search and did translation of specific section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts