Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My warranty was running out (21/4/13) so took the patrol in to get the tensioner pulley replaced (getting done on friday) but there was also a leak on the driver side of the engine block, at the front. Its not the classic leak under the timing cover. anyway nissan had an inspection of it, and cleaned it up and now seeing where its coming from after 1000km or so. they said to me they think its coming from the injector pump. has anyone had this? or similar? i then thought to myself well if its the IP, and they cant tell if it is or not i will be paying a truck load of cash to get it replaced outside of warranty, so i bought the extended warranty. i asked for the one that gives me 3 years and 175000km or something, on the tax invoice its says that it expires in 2016 (stoked) but says to 100,000km (not stoked) because i have 93,000km that would be useless. its also says its the extratime plan which isnt really the one i wanted. two questions on this: the lady that sold it to me said not to worry about that and she will get them to correct my sheet stating to 175000km. on my statement she wrote it down and signed it, i was wondering if this is possible or if she has made a mistake?
also is it going to be a massive drama for me if she has made a mistake to get them to change the warranty to the extradrive?

cheers
Jarrah

·
Registered
nissan
188 Posts
Go back and speak to the sevice manager to clarify your position on this. Get a copy of your "sheet" and make sure your happy with the contract. Otherwise I'd be asking for my money back with a promise to take the matter further if he refuses.

Cheers

Joker

1 - 2 of 2 Posts