Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys,

found my ute to be leaking desiel from the rubber fuel hose from the injector pump to the injectors.

heres a picture of the hose

issue is that i have been to the local auto shops

coverntrys
pirtect
and a couple of local auto shops

and the 3/16 fuel hose that i need has a thicker wall thinkness than the hoses that i have seen at the shops and im unsure whether it needs to be the same thickness wall due to pressure etc

any advise would be appreicated on whether i can just use normal fuel hose or have to keep looking for similer heavy walled hose as in the picture

booy

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Injector to injectors should be the copper solid hoses, are you sure its not from the IP to the return line to the fuel tank??? As long as its fuel hose you'l be right.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Injector to injectors should be the copper solid hoses, are you sure its not from the IP to the return line to the fuel tank??? As long as its fuel hose you'l be right.

wrong wrong wrong.

The high pressure lines are STEEL.

and to the op... any old fuel hose will do its just a bleed there is no real pressure on it.

·
Registered
Nissan
127 Posts
It would be better to get deisel fuel hose because it Will slowly eat away at normal fuel line.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
wrong wrong wrong.

The high pressure lines are STEEL.

and to the op... any old fuel hose will do its just a bleed there is no real pressure on it.
Copper steel/whatever, Juist lettin him know theres not a rubber hose from IP to Injectors, Hence as i said it will be the return to fuel tank line and any fuel hose will do.

·
Registered
823 Posts
have ya tried repco if they cant do it try nissan

or try some 4 wire hydralic hose

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers guys, yeh fininsh nightshift tomorrow morning so will sort it out tomorrow day and get the ute back running..

booy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts