Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to change the rotary head for my RD28T Patrol, 1991. Now I see you have 2 type of rotary heads, for TD42 and RD28T.
Can I used both?

I have now the type of TD42 install., see atachments.

Best, Willem

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have found on Alibaba a custom RD28T fuel injector pump, brand new and complete with rotary head, plunger 9mm. If I stay with problems of this old type pump, I will buy it for 500 euro.
Revision...? you need a test bench and knowledge of the materie. Only seal revision it`s easy to do, I have ready done.

What do you think about the Chinese pump?

·
Registered
nissan
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gas Automotive wheel system Machine Auto part Engineering

Ok, the final decision. I buy a new pump from Alibaba, 9mm plunger and adapted to zexel original pump. The old pump is more than 30 years old, and we cannot completely overhaul it here. So it seems like a wise decision to me.!

With only a rotary head you are not there of course, if it does not leak here, tomorrow it will be somewhere else.

·
Registered
96 TD42 GQ2 wagon
457 Posts
Hi, I want to change the rotary head for my RD28T Patrol, 1991. Now I see you have 2 type of rotary heads, for TD42 and RD28T.
Can I used both?

I have now the type of TD42 install., see atachments.

Best, Willem
Most of all this stuff is well over my head but a while ago when researching my rotary I came across this bloke doing possibly what I guess might interest you..dunno. good luck.

·
Registered
nissan
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I have read this tutorial. I have decided to buy a new pump. I will believe China can make it for good price and functional, its copy of the original. I have installed new nozzles too, this must be working.

Best Willem,

·
Registered
nissan
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very interesting, better than old school stuff. This using in aircraft technology, maybe good for a Patrol.

This is my pump, made in JAPAN.
Gas Machine Auto part Nickel Vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts