Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the analogue SaaS gauge. Probe cable was faulty or I damaged it installing, new probe and all better (still don't trust it though - egts move very quickly considering it's post turbo and a bit higher than expected)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the analogue SaaS gauge. Probe cable was faulty or I damaged it installing, new probe and all better (still don't trust it though - egts move very quickly considering it's post turbo and a bit higher than expected)
Mine move very slowly even still sits cold at 22*C and hot at 33*C got the digital gauge the probe on mine seems to be intact. I actually replaced it because the analogue saas egt gauge i had previously was faulty now ive changed the probe and also the gauge it does have an offset so im thinking i should change that and add an extra 100*C as offset

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,204 Posts
Installed a probe to go inside the exhaust and plugged it into a gauge and its reading 33* after driving/motor being on for a good 30 minutes idk just seems extremely low its a saas muscle digital ext gauge
If you have the sensor in the spot most of us fitted them, which is 50-60mm after the dump pipe flange, then driving for 30 minutes should get you up to 200c+ but idle for a few minutes and it will drop to 100c+. The tip of the sensor should extend to the centre of the exhaust to correctly read temps.
Where is yours mounted?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the sensor in the spot most of us fitted them, which is 50-60mm after the dump pipe flange, then driving for 30 minutes should get you up to 200c+ but idle for a few minutes and it will drop to 100c+. The tip of the sensor should extend to the centre of the exhaust to correctly read temps.
Where is yours mounted?
Its mounted inside the exhaust dont know how far but it should b p centre it is a 3inch dump pipe and its about what you said 50-60mm

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,204 Posts
Its mounted inside the exhaust dont know how far but it should b p centre it is a 3inch dump pipe and its about what you said 50-60mm
In that case you have a wiring issue.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,204 Posts
Yer wires are back to front swapped them around now its reading around 127*
Great you found an issue, now drive and start to load it up to see where temps go and they are accurate. Bare in mind that with the sensor in roughly the position I mentioned you should see 250-350c 100k cruising and you should jot allow a DI to regularly go above 550c, this is where you need to determine accuracy before you give it a big flogging, like towing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great you found an issue, now drive and start to load it up to see where temps go and they are accurate. Bare in mind that with the sensor in roughly the position I mentioned you should see 250-350c 100k cruising and you should jot allow a DI to regularly go above 550c, this is where you need to determine accuracy before you give it a big flogging, like towing.
Usually the highest i see is 300 it peaks at 400 but only touches it cruises around 170-230. Its now doing 176

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,204 Posts
Usually the highest i see is 300 it peaks at 400 but only touches it cruises around 170-230. Its now doing 176
Cool, sounds good, just keep an eye on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts