Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Storage Unit

Hi Harps,

I also built a storage unit similar to the one shown but with sides and a divider (vented) down the middle, next to the fridge (should get a photo). It is great. Gazza is right lots of gullies and mountains. I used 12 mm and in hindsight next time I would go thicker maybe 18 mm, on the floor and used 7mm / 9mm on sides and back and a further 9mm top above the 60 litre waeco for all the luggage food etc Cup head washers are the go. We also mounted compressors in the space / flat area above rear wheel tubs. Access required a panel of wire to be removed from the cargo barrier. All in all a great result as drawers IMHO by themselves were not going to solve my storage problem. Low height for fridge. 25 litre water containers needed to be low for desert crossing.

Caged.
Desert ready GU 04 3 lt auto :) DP and other stuff

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hansie - Good work, looks good!! Pity you dont live in Melb! I would be coming over with a few beers! :)

I am waiting for my cargo barrier to arrive and then I will have a crack.

A question, the electrical connectors look neat. Is that a bought unit or home made?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Harps said:
Hansie - Good work, looks good!! Pity you dont live in Melb! I would be coming over with a few beers! :)

I am waiting for my cargo barrier to arrive and then I will have a crack.

A question, the electrical connectors look neat. Is that a bought unit or home made?
Yeah that would be bit of a drive for a beer :)

the connectors are bought from offroaddownunder (via ebay or their site), the hella plug thing (the small ones) are pretty good, i dont like they way the ciggie-plug is fitted, its a snap in model, that snaps out all the time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is what I'm trying to do atm.. if i use the existing anchor point on the drivers side it is going to be on the very right hand edge of the slide and not exactly an equal distribution of weight, I have an 85L duel zone at 30kgs empty. Even if i fit slide to ply wood I still only have 1 anchor point on rear. Not sure what to do

·
Registered
nissan
3,835 Posts
You fit a full ply floor which allows you to pick up all the tie down points, then you can bolt your slides anywhere across the floor into the ply. Just use good structural ply if you have a large fridge

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
24,901 Posts
You fit a full ply floor which allows you to pick up all the tie down points, then you can bolt your slides anywhere across the floor into the ply. Just use good structural ply if you have a large fridge
Exactly. That is what I did prior to getting drawers. Works sweet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts