Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,006 Posts
brake line from a 80's model ford laser is a extended version of the flexable clutch hose that attaches to the slave cylnder. great if you have a body lift.

·
Registered
GU8 CRD
1,555 Posts
Big rubber doorstop from Clarke Rubber can be used to replace the rubber foot / bump stop on the rear seats of the GQ

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
Anybody have cross referenced numbers for the thermal switches in the bottom radiator tank of a GU?

NISSAN part number is 21595Q and 21595QA (although both same switches as far as i know)

Also, as most people know, GQ and GU front wheel bearing nuts are interchangable.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
405 Posts
r31 skyline steering wheels fit gq, r31 power steering pump internals fit, mq cv's fit gq axels but need mq hub too

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
A 24V washer pump from a Canadian spec 24V BJ70 fits in a 24V JDM Safari's washer fluid bottle with a bit of modification (use rubber seal from the BJ70 bottle). It uses the same terminal connector - so no need to rewire.

I am presuming that other 24V Land Cruisers - HJ73/74, HJ60, BJ61 and BJ40-42 will also have washer pumps that may work.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
More door handles

replaced the door handles on the shorty with VL Commodore ones, damn shame I couldn't find grey ones.

original screws don't work, had to use 14g x 50mm (longer)

the ashtray comes in handy for maccas and hungry flaps drive ins...

DSCF1209.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
493 Posts
apparently hubs from an mq WONT fit a gq...

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
98-99 Nissan Altima (American Nissan sedan) Wiring Harness plugs fit into GQ Sert 1 and Ser 2 dashboard clusters

only 2 of the 4 plugs are a direct fit, but they are the large ones which control most of the gauges

Personally tested as I used them on my shorty when I was struggling to get parts locally.

Also any US Nissan Altima, their magnetic oil drain plugs are the same thread and pitch as GQ patrols

VK and VL crapadore armrests fit GQ's - but only the flat rest versions, not those with the grab handles

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
98-99 Nissan Altima (American Nissan sedan) Wiring Harness plugs fit into GQ Sert 1 and Ser 2 dashboard clusters

only 2 of the 4 plugs are a direct fit, but they are the large ones which control most of the gauges

Personally tested as I used them on my shorty when I was struggling to get parts locally.

Also any US Nissan Altima magnetic oil drain plugs are the same thread and pitch as GQ patrols
Just want to clarify:

1. You used the Altima cluster to test or to replace?
2. Drain plugs for the drive train, engine or both? Cause that would be a huge oil drain for the Altima.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
1. You used the Altima cluster to test or to replace?
No, I bought the harness plugs that go into the back of the 98-99 Altima cluster. I was able to repin and use them when I modified my instrument cluster.

I haven't tried it, but I think the US Nissan Sentra uses the same harness plugs as the Altima

2. Drain plugs for the drive train,engine or both? Cause that would be a huge oil drain for the Altima.
Drain plug for the engine block only TB42

·
Registered
652 Posts
A factory turbo kit from a GU TD42T will bolt straight onto a GQ TD42 with some small mods for the oil and water lines.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
The bump stops from the rear of a Toyota Stout fit the front of a GQ with a 2-3 inch lift and are generally free or near as dammit....

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
VL clutch kits, are the same as the GQ Rb30 - and are around $80 cheaper

81 - 100 of 138 Posts