Valvoline VO-1
Warner PH8A
Wesfil WZ9
Wix 51515

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Hey all
i have a 1988 Nissan Patrol 2.8TDI shorty. I lost the seals in my front axle. Would there be a seal kit from anything else that would fit.I am in Canada and was wondering if that axle was used on anything else? The only number i could find on the axle was KN21.8x? I dont know if that would anyone? Maybe if i even found out who made the axles? There was a number wrote on it with a marker u811.8 also. We 1000s of pathfinders here. Any help would be awesome!!!
Thanks
Sean
If you mean the inner axle seals then solid axle Hilux inner axle seals fit GQ. I put them in mine. They are a bee's dick smaller inner diameter but the OD is the same and are triple lip not double like Nissans

·
8,549 Posts
Steering box from a GU patrol fits GQ patrol and is a larger/stronger box.

BIGGQ,

this one i agree with to a pioint, the GU box does fit and bolts straight in, but the poiman arms are different, thus you require a different steering arm,

There are 2 GQ steering boxes, a small one and a large one, the small one was fitted from 1988 to appro 1993, and they arnt that strong, the larger one is a direct bolt up replacement, having the same pitman arm as the smaller box, but phisically the same size and strenght of the GU box,
Pretty sure ALL the GQ coil utes had the larger stg box too. Has 082 on the side of them and you'll need the pitman arm with it

·
8,549 Posts
100 ser and also some current prado rear bump stops fits front of patrol, prado ones fit better but rare.
Prado rears are the same as 80s and 100s rear

·
8,549 Posts
Just did some more searching and came across this listing on the Spec of a UD 1400:

Model: 1400
New or Used: used
Model Year: 1995
Mileage: 159000
GVWR: 14250
WB: 132"
Engine: td42t
Transmission:std5
Body: reefer
Liftgate: n/a
Reefer Unit engine drive
Price:
Comments:

Would it be a pretty safe bet to say the manifold and turbo on it would be pretty much a strait forward bolt on? I have also uncovered the intercoolers on this and other models going used for around $300-400 US.
UD truck, forklift, and Civilian bus TD42's are exact same motor as the silvertop in the early GQ. Also the 5 spd gearbox

·
8,549 Posts
What wiper arms off other Nissans or any Jap car are a straight fit on a GQ? Mine will be fooked soon

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
UD truck, forklift, and Civilian bus TD42's are exact same motor as the silvertop in the early GQ. Also the 5 spd gearbox
A lot of the forklifts and Civilians are also TB42's

I've bought a fair bit of ignition/dist cap, rotors buttons out of a canadian forklift company
Posted dets in the canadian section a year or so ago.....

trim clips for civlians are cheaper than GQ patrols and are the same part numbers..... go figure

·
8,549 Posts

I've bought a fair bit of ignition/dist cap, rotors buttons out of a canadian forklift company

trim clips for civlians are cheaper than GQ patrols and are the same part numbers..... go figure
Forgot to mention too that most of the Civilians and UD TD42's were all 24V electrics too

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
oil filler cap TB42

Honda (Accord, Civic, Element, Fit, S2000)
Acura (All models except MDX and RDX)
Dodge Cummins® Turbo Diesels from 2001 to 2008
Ford Turbo Diesel trucks (9.0L, 6.4L, 6.9L and 7.3L)

or anything with a 32mm thread

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
What wiper arms off other Nissans or any Jap car are a straight fit on a GQ? Mine will be fooked soon
Are you talking about the whole assembly from the splined mounting point that protrudes from the plenum cover, or about the arm that holds the wiper rubber? If it's the latter, you can buy the whole arm, including rubber from any decent parts store - and it will get rid of that annoying clunk when the wipers change direction on their sweep. I change mine pretty regularly. Dunno about the other bit, though....

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
at the risk of stating the obvious

Nissan F-03 (3 tonne) and F-05 (5 tonne) forklifts use TB42's so search on these platforms as well if looking for TB42 parts

Forklifts tend to use NPW for cooling system manufactured parts and these are made in Japan (Nissan Pump Manufacturing Co Ltd)

·
Registered
Nissan
586 Posts

The clutch from the Civilian TD42 is also cheaper although more heavy duty that the Patrol clutch. I put one in mine over 2 years ago.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
The clutch from the Civilian TD42 is also cheaper although more heavy duty that the Patrol clutch. I put one in mine over 2 years ago.
Post up the part numbers for that clutch and whatever else goes with it please.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts