Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys in the process of fitting up my front mount intercooler , iv just replaced all my a/c components so the condensor is staying , what iv found trying to fit a. 450x300x76 cooler in with the condensor fan is that the intercooler wont fit . now, i have a idea if i move the condensor forwards a inch i have enough room to fit a slim line fan (50mm) between the condensor and radiator thus allowing me to install the cooler in front of the condensor while keeping the fan and half of my grill, has anyone done this and to what result??

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
155 Posts
GUIV (CRD manual)_ Different set up just info for consideration.
Last Sept installed a 600x300x76mm FM cooler, flipped pwr steering cooler, lifted A/C condenser 15mm and set it back closer to radiator 20mm, left out A/C fan and have had no problems.

May install orig fan one day in front of FM (hot side) or spal fan.

·
Registered
nissan
10,949 Posts
dont worry about the fan. both my current gu and my old gq shortie had front mounts without ac fans and ac still works fine. head pressure may climb a touch if your sitting idling for ages but it wont cause an issue when your driving.

·
Registered
Nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i. Sort of worked it out , with a 12” davies craig fan 51mm depth and moving the condensor forwards and radiator back a smidge it will all fit and a small positive is the fan will blow air into the rad when not moving, have cut the grille a fair bir tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts