Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday all..

Who has any good input and pictures as to whats the best route to go down with an intercooler for a TB45 (petrol) in my GU. its u p and running now with the turbo (safe tune) but want a nice intercooler @ best scoop to put on. Have seen the colorado and the wide mouth from Cross country that look good, but is one better than other for flow?

Any ideas, input would be great.

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The CC is an expensive option plus you wont need the same cooling capacity as a diesel so I would say its overkill. Can you put a front mount on it?
Ive got a little bit of room there, but not a great deal, nor a great deal of room getting there and back with the pipewrk.

Im new to this turbo thing as a few might now, but i thought the petrol had more heat, but could handle a bit more also :-/

·
Registered
nissan
4,992 Posts
I thought the bar and plate ICs were better for the petrols because they soak more heat?

I'm also trying to decide what size to use and I'm currently moving my IAC valve to have a little more room. Might need to also modify the TPS connectors.
Thanks to JoseM for the idea to move the IAC.

That should allow a 650mm length to fit.
Also want a fan under mine.

T bone, I'll send you a pic of what I'm doing..

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the bar and plate ICs were better for the petrols because they soak more heat?

I'm also trying to decide what size to use and I'm currently moving my IAC valve to have a little more room. Might need to also modify the TPS connectors.
Thanks to JoseM for the idea to move the IAC.

That should allow a 650mm length to fit.
Also want a fan under mine.

T bone, I'll send you a pic of what I'm doing..
Jeff, that would be great thanks.. Im stuck out on the rig for another 3 and a bit weeks, so i was hoping to get something on the way so its at home when i get there :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts