Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys after umming and arrring for a while about what to do with my leaking intercooler i have decided to modifie my XR6 Turbo cooler i had laying around the shed to suit my ZD30.
I started by removing the standard cool and sitting the new one in it's place and playing around with the best position. Ufter stuffing around for a while i decided that having it across the engine was going to be to hard with the plumbing and mounting, so i am putting it in long ways and it sit's in there really good with out making the plumbing to long. Trying to keep the plumbing as close to standard length as possible to aviod any boost problems. I had to cut and move the outlet and inlet pipes to suit but was able to use the bit i cut off to make the new ones. So far it is cut and taped together so i can sit it back in and see how it fits. I still have to stick the boost sensor in the new one and buy some more pipe. Here's a few pic's to get you started hehehe

Size difference is noticable and core size is alot bigger too.......

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Eeesh, good luck with that job mate. Personally I would try and stick to factory engine spec when it comes to a ZD30. Especially an 03 model.

My 2 c

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
that will be awesome . cooler inlet temps + minimal extra piping length you cant go wrong. just need one long scoop :)

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers i am throwing a 7'' thermo fan on it as well and block the EGR today and also ordered a oil catch can as all my intercooler pipes were full of oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts